62

Pulling her brown down hair from the bun, Scarlett swings it over her shoulder, grabbing the brush

Pulling her brown down hair from the bun, Scarlett swings it over her shoulder, grabbing the brush. Running the brush through her hair, through the mirror she sees Daryl walk into the bathroom. Turning her head, she quickly looks back at the mirror, her cheeks turning pink and her eyes wide.

"You could've told me you were about to take a piss." She mumbles, setting the brush back down and rubbing her eyes with her fists. "I figured ya' would've known I was." He replies, flushing the toilet. Scarlett shrugs before flicking off the light and walking out of the bathroom, Daryl trailing behind her.

Walking towards the front door, she grabs her jacket before setting her hand on the knob and twisting it open. While walking down the pavement, she sticks her arms through her jacket, pulling her hair out from the jacket. "It's so freaking cold." She says, glancing up at Daryl.

As they walk, their hands occasionally brush against each other. Scarlett bites her lip, looking around before hesitantly grabbing Daryl's hand. Their fingers interlock and Scarlett looks at Daryl, eyes softening. "I'm nervous about this. I don't know what's going to happen." Scarlett admits, looking into Daryl's sparkling blue eyes.

"Yer' a risk taker, aren't ya'?" Daryl tells her and she chuckles, looking ahead of her, the moonlight lighting up her face. Scarlett sets her hand on the church's door handle, pulling her hand out of Daryl's.

"Finally they arrive." Maggie chuckles, staring as they enter in the church. Scarlett rolls her eyes, standing beside her. Looking down at the map, Scarlett raises her eyebrows, sticking her tongue out of the corner of her mouth. "Describe it." Rick demands Andy, talking about the building. "Rectangular building, big satellites on it."

Scarlett looks around the group, running her tongue over her lips. "Any windows?" Rick asks, his arms crossing over his chest. "I don't remember any. I think they made it so there's only one way in." Andy replies, his shoulders shrugging. "That's smart." Scarlett cuts in.

"Guards outside?" Running her foot over the wooden ground, Scarlett stares at Andy; awaiting an answer. "Yeah, two of them, at least."

Tucking her hands in her jacket pockets, she looks at Michonne as she speaks. "And you don't know how many people they have?" Michonne questions, her brown eyes glancing around at her group. "No. Uh, I mean, no. I saw a place where they stored food. It wasn't that big, so-"

Blowing out a breath, Scarlett fiddles with her fingers inside her jacket, a nervous look on her face. "You've been inside?" Rick asks him, astonished. Andy nods, tapping the marker on the wooden table. "Yeah. They had us load in supplies one time." Andy answers, keeping his eyes set on Rick. "What do you remember?" Glenn asks.

♢ ♢ ♢

Shaking her jacket off and plopping down on the bed, Scarlett looks up at Daryl, a yawn escaping her lips. "You know this is a dangerous game we're playing, right?" She utters, pressing her back against the black headboard.

"Yeah, but we're the once controllin' the game."