39

Waking up, Scarlett opens her eyes, her eyebrows furrowing as she realizes her head isn't leaned up against the window no more

Waking up, Scarlett opens her eyes, her eyebrows furrowing as she realizes her head isn't leaned up against the window no more. Pulling her head away from the comfort of his shirt she leans up, looking at him. "Sorry. I didn't realize I laid down on you." She apologizes, setting her legs down on the trucks floor and stretching her arms out. "Ya' didn't. Ya' looked uncomfortable pressed up against the window." Daryl replies, his cheeks turning red in embarrassment. Scarlett stops for a minute realization hitting her, her cheeks turn pink and she clears her throat.

"Well-Thanks." She mumbles, taking the book into her hands and sliding out of the truck. Scarlett pulls her t-shirt down before walking towards the other car, knocking on the window. Michonne jolts awake, looking at Scarlett. Michonne reaches over, unlocking the door. Scarlett grabs the door handle, opening it. "I think we should head to Terminus now." Scarlett says, reaching over and grabbing her bag, unzipping it, she throws the book into the bag before zipping it back up. Throwing the bag over her shoulder, she steps away from the car.

Michonne nods before waking Carl and Rick up. Scarlett turns back towards Daryl, her diamond blue eyes glistening. "You ready?" She asks, pulling her gun out of the back of her pants, her head tilting in curiosity. "Hell yeah!" Daryl chuckles, a small smile on his face. She smiles before turning back towards the other three, noticing they're ready.

Setting her feet through the holes of the fence, Scarlett climbs over, jumping off the top. Daryl lands behind her and she looks around hesitantly. Following behind the group and guarding rear, Daryl leads them into a building, voices filling their ears.

Walking into the light, Scarlett looks at everyone warily. "Hello-Hello." Rick speaks up and Scarlett stands between Michonne and Daryl, her gun pointed towards the ground, just in case. "Well, I bet Albert is on perimeter watch." A man says, throwing down his paint brush. Tilting her head to the side, Scarlett licks her lips, staring at the man. As he walks around the table, Scarlett sets her other hand on the gun, high on alert.

"You here to rob us?" The same man asks, stopping after walking so far. "No-" Rick replies, walking forward and setting his gun in his holster. "We wanted to see you before you saw us." Scarlett slowly slides her gun in her jeans, her hand staying near it.

"Makes sense." He chuckles and walks forward, causing Scarlett to take a step back cautiously. "Usually we do this where the tracks meet." He clears his throat, throwing his arms up. "Welcome to Terminus. I'm Gareth. Looking like you've been on the road for a good bit." Gareth introduces and Scarlett chews on her bottom lip, anxiously.

"We have. Rick. That's Carl, Daryl, Scarlett, Michonne." Scarlett eyes the man as he raises his hand, sending them a small wave. After a few minutes of silence, he exclaims, "You're nervous. I get it. We were all the same way. We came here for sanctuary. Is that what you're here for?" As he walks up, the group takes a step back, their hands reaching for their weapons nervously.