45

Pushing her legs out, Scarlett sits there, staring at a laid out Eugene

Pushing her legs out, Scarlett sits there, staring at a laid out Eugene. He deserved the punch, if Abraham wasn't going to punch him, Scarlett sure was.

Folding her hands in her lap, she purses her lips. Quite frankly, she is still pissed and her head hurts. She doesn't feel like sitting here watching him. Climbing to her feet, she walks towards Maggie, grabbing a water bottle. "I'm going to be back." She mumbles, sliding the water bottle in the bag. "Where are you going?" Maggie asks as Scarlett walks towards the woods.

"I need to be alone." Scarlett replies before disappearing into the green woods. Walking through the woods, leaves crunch quietly under her black boots.

Sitting down against a tree, Scarlett brings her knees up against her chest. She misses her blood family, her dad, her mom, her cousins; everyone. This world shouldn't of happened, she lost all of her family, but she gained a new one. Maybe it was for the best, maybe not.

Leaves fly up around Scarlett as she is trapped in her thoughts, the thoughts that keep her up at night. The sun beams down on her, a layer of sweat dripping down her bloody face. The tree sway in the wind as birds chirp their songs like they usually do. Birds chirping, it reminds the female that their is still good in this world. The birds are so joyful, they just sing all day and not worry about nothing, they're free.

Pulling the bag off of her shoulders, Scarlett unzips it, grabbing the book. Tracing her fingers over the cover, she cracks the book open, flipping to the page she left off on.

♢ ♢ ♢

Walking out of the woods, Scarlett heads towards Maggie. "Hi." She utters, looking down at Eugene before looking back at her. "Sorry I left. I just need to be alone before I punched someone." She chuckles and Maggie rolls her eyes, a small smile on her face. "Help me with these." Maggie says, handing Scarlett a blanket.

Unfolding the blanket, Scarlett throws it over the ladder, securing it tightly. Maggie and her walk towards Abraham. Crouching down in front of him, Scarlett stares at his face. "I was pissed too. I had a reason to be, and I'm sure you did too. But it's not too late to go back to the church. That group back there, they'll protect you, Rosita, and Eugene because y'all are family now." Scarlett tells him, her eyes softening from her usual narrowed state.

Abraham looks up at her before nodding.

♢ ♢ ♢

Scarlett stumbles out of the fire truck, a grin on her face as she looks at two of her friends; Michonne and Carl. She hugs them both tightly before backing away, letting Maggie hug them.

"You're back." Michonne breathes out and Scarlett nods. "Eugene lied. He can't stop it. Washington wasn't the end." Glenn tells her and a look of sadness and shock crosses her face. "Where is everybody?" Glenn asks and Michonne perks up, looking at Maggie.

Michonne stands in front of Maggie. "Beth's alive. She's in a hospital in Atlanta. Some people have her, but the others went to get her back." A smile crosses everyone's face at the good news. "Do we know which one?"

"Grady Memorial." Michonne answers and Maggie lets out a laugh, hugging Glenn tightly. "Lets blow this joint, go save your sister." Tara speaks up and everyone laughs, piling up in the fire truck.

Things are finally starting to look up for the group-or so it seems.

♢ ♢ ♢