41

Taking a bite out of the food they have scavenged today, Scarlett looks over at Abraham

Taking a bite out of the food they have scavenged today, Scarlett looks over at Abraham. "So what were you before all this shit?" She asks, her head tilting in curiosity.

"I was an Army Sergeant." Abraham chuckles and Scarlett nods, pursing her lips. "I figured you had something to do with the army." She mumbles, taking another bite out of the meat. "What'd you do?" Scarlett chews on her bottom lip after hearing the question.

"My dad was a scientist for the CDC, so I was around the CDC a lot, but I went to college for two semesters to become a medical scientist. Then I quit because I lost passion for it." She shrugs, a feeling of sadness brushing over her.

"So you know a lot about medicines and all that shit?" Abraham asks, looking back at Rosita before turning back to Scarlett. "Uh-Yeah." She answers, playing with her fingers. "We can totally use you for the trip to DC." Rosita cuts in and Scarlett bites her lip, looking back at her group. "I don't know.." She trails off, making eye contact with Daryl. Quickly spinning around back to Abraham and Rosita, she sighs. "Think about it." Rosita says and Scarlett nods, standing to her feet.

"I will." She mumbles, walking off towards Maggie and Glenn, her mind full of thoughts.

♢ ♢ ♢

As rustling sounds, Scarlett raises her gun, watching as Daryl emerges. Lowering it, he holds up his hands. "We surrender." He jokes and Scarlett's arm falls limp at her side, falling behind them. "No tracks, no nothing." Daryl mumbles to her and Rick.

"So whatever you heard last night-" Daryl cuts Rick off, looking ahead. "It's more of what I felt. If someone was watching us, there would have been something." Scarlett licks her lips, Rick falls behind them, whistling at the group. "Keep close." Scarlett walks beside Daryl, her eyes darting everywhere for any sign of danger.

"Ya' went to college to be a scientist? Ya' never told me that." Daryl speaks up, causing her to look over at him. "You never asked." She says, empathizing you. Daryl glances over at her, before looking back at the ground. "Yes, I went to college to become a medical scientist. If interested me until I lost passion for it. I can tell you that my parents were pissed." She informs him, shrugging her shoulders.

Daryl chuckles, looking at Scarlett. "Ya' pissed yer' parents off a lot, didn't ya'?" Daryl concludes and Scarlett nods, a small smile on her face. "I sure did."

Screaming breaks the silence between the two and Scarlett immediately runs after the screams of help, the group following behind her. Coming to a huge rock, the group attack the walkers. Scarlett pulls the pocket knife out of her jean and flicks it open, shoving it into the walkers temple. Another walker appears out of nowhere and before it could reach Scarlett, Daryl shoots it down with an arrow. Letting out a breath, she bends down, pulling the arrow out of its skull and wiping it on her jeans.