63

As Daryl sits on top of the truck, Scarlett lays down beside him, her eyes closed, listening to the group speak

As Daryl sits on top of the truck, Scarlett lays down beside him, her eyes closed, listening to the group speak. "Scar." Her eyes fly open and she raises her eyebrows, looking at Daryl. "What?" She asks, leaning up onto her arms. "Carol is staying with Maggie and I think ya' should too." He mumbles, fiddling with his fingers.

Scrunching her eyebrows together, she licks her lips. "What? Why?" She asks, confusion evident on her face. As Daryl hesitates to say anything, Rick walks up, saving the smitten guy. "Well, if anything goes wrong, you're a quick thinker and strong. Plus, you're Maggie's best friend. I think it would be best if you stayed with Carol and Maggie."

Truth be told, Daryl didn't want her going in with them because he doesn't want anything to happen to her. If he would've told her he just doesn't want her going in there, she wouldn't have listened to him.

♢ ♢ ♢

Raising the binoculars to her eyes, Scarlett watches sadly as Daryl kills one of the guards. "Daryl just killed one of the guards." She informs Maggie and Carol, pulling the binoculars away.

Leaning back against a rough tree, she winces, feeling the bark scratch against her back. Letting out a sigh, she looks at the other two women. "I wish I was with them." She murmurs, unsheathing her knife and clutching it in her hand, what if's beginning to fill her mind. "Why?" Carol asks and Scarlett frowns, biting her bottom lip.

"Because if they don't make it. I don't know if I'll be able to make it-mentally." She confesses, her heart beginning to race as she thinks about living without her family-without Daryl. Sure, she has lived before without them but, now that she has found them, they're irreplaceable in her mind.

An alarm begins blaring and Scarlett jumps away from the tree, shoving her knife back in her holster and raising the binoculars. Red lights begin shining and flashing, hurting Scarlett's eyes. "They're in trouble. They need our help." Maggie insists, beginning to walk forward. "Stay here." Carol says, holding back Maggie. Scarlett lowers the binoculars, looking between the two arguing women.

Scarlett rolls her eyes, letting out a huff. "Will you two shut the hell up? Y'all will attract walkers." She snaps, glaring at them. "Y'all stay here, I'll go see what's happening." She informs them, throwing the binoculars there way and beginning to walk towards the building, leaving the two women alone.

Before she could step foot out of the woods, a hand wraps around her mouth to prevent her from screaming out and they begin to drag her back towards Maggie and Carol. Throwing her down on the wet ground, Scarlett lets out a hiss, feeling the dirt grind against her palms. Looking up, she watches as a small group surrounds the trio, guns pointed towards them.

"Gun's, knives on the ground, right now." The red headed woman demands, pointing the gun at Scarlett's head. Pulling her knife and gun out, she sets them in front of her on the ground, eyeing down a lady as she grabs the weapons in her grimy hands. "Oo-This is a nice knife. Might keep this for myself." The woman taunts and Scarlett chuckles darkly, her eyes narrowed into slits. "Fuck off, bitch."

The lady lets out a cackle, cocking and pointing Scarlett's gun at her. Staring into the barrel, Scarlett shows no fear, though in her mind, she's freaking out. The red headed woman stares at the two before shaking her head, licking her lips. "Don't. We can use her." Furrowing her dark eyebrows, Scarlett feels herself being pulled up and pushed by Maggie and Carol, the two women preventing her from falling onto her face.

Gunshots sound from a distance and Scarlett glances around, praying that her group is well. An engine roars to life and Scarlett looks at Maggie, confusion on her face. They wouldn't leave us, right?

Shifting all her weight on one leg, she prevents herself from wincing as she feels something dig into her ankle. Realization dawns on her and she thanks Daryl in her mind for telling Scarlett to shove the pocket knife in her boot.

"Lower your gun, prick." The red-head growls into the walkie, staring off in the distance. "You, with the Colt Python. All of you, lower your weapons right now." Scarlett takes a deep breath, digging her thumbnail into her palm. "Come on out, let's talk." Rick's voice says through the static.

"How many we got?" The woman with long light hair asks, looking at the red-head. "Eight in sight." She answers, raising the walkie back up to her lips and pressing the button. "We're not coming out. But we will talk."

Scarlett swallows harshly, her palms beginning to sweat. "Names-Names!" The red head demands, looking back at the trio. "None of your fucking business." Scarlett snarls, her voice full of hatred. "I'm getting tired of your mouth." The red head replies before motioning for the light haired woman to do something.

Suddenly, everything turns black for Scarlett.