65

Snapping her eyes open, Scarlett breathes quickly, her eyes settling on Daryl, who's drinking and staring out the window

Snapping her eyes open, Scarlett breathes quickly, her eyes settling on Daryl, who's drinking and staring out the window. "Ah, fuck." She utters, alerting Daryl that she's awake. Daryl stumbles to her feet and she furrows her eyebrows, patting the spot next to her. "You're drunk out of your mind, aren't you?" She sighs, her eyes following him as he sits down next to her on the bed.

Her eyes meet his and she sees emotions pooling up inside of them. "What's wrong?" She quietly asks, slowly sitting up and propping against the headboard. Daryl shakes his head, taking another swig of the drink. Swiftly taking the drink out of his hand and setting it on the bedside table, Scarlett grabs his hand, clutching it in hers. "What's wrong?" She repeats again, slowly.

"Ya' know when ya' got knocked out this morning?" Daryl asks, his voice low and Scarlett nods, her eyebrows raised slightly. "When Maggie and Carol had told me ya' was unconscious, I freaked out and I-I-Uh.. realized something.." He whispers, lowering his eyes down to the blanket between them. "What'd you realize, Daryl?" She questions, her voice full of confusion.

"That I-Uhm-love you?" He awkwardly admits, his cheeks turning pink. Scarlett's eyes widen and her grip on his hand loosens, her cheeks turning dark red. "Damn it, I knew I shouldn't of told ya'. Now ya' don't wa-" Scarlett cuts off his rambling by kissing him on the lips, a chuckle escaping as she pulls away. "I love you too." She utters, interlocking their fingers.

"Now, I'm tired. Lets go to sleep." She tells him, yawning. Scooting back down, her head falls onto the pillow and she pulls her hand away from Daryl's tucking it under her pillow. Feeling Daryl lay down beside her, she closes her eyes, letting herself drift off to sleep, finally content with life.

♢ ♢ ♢

Shoving her knife in the holster, she walks up to Daryl, Rosita, and Denise, a small smile on her face. "Ready?" She asks and Rosita and Denise nod, climbing in the truck. "Scar.." Daryl starts and Scarlett shakes her head, hoisting herself on the truck. "I am going, Daryl. You can't stop me." She tells him, sticking her legs in the bed of the truck and settling herself down.

The pair haven't spoken about what happened last night in fear that their feelings have changed over night.

The truck rumbles and drives out of the gate, leaving behind the community. Her ponytail flies in the cold wind and a shiver runs down her spine, causing her to snuggle further into the blue jacket. Closing her eyes to keep the wind from blowing into them, she lets out a groan, shoving her hands in the pockets.

Puffing out a breath and leaning her head against the window, thoughts begin to pour into her mind.

Maybe Daryl only said those things because he was drunk and didn't comprehend. Maybe that's why he hasn't brought the situation up.