┌ ❝𝐑𝐄𝐃 𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐒 ❞ ¨ ▌(𝐌+) ▌

•┈┈┈••✦ 🍫 ✦••┈┈┈┈•

"𝐑𝐄𝐃 𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐒 (𝐈𝐈.)" ¨ 𝐀𝐌𝐁𝐖 ▌(𝐌+) ▌

𝐓𝐀𝐆𝐒:
Unhealthy Relationships, Toxic Family, Emotional Reparations, Eventual Smut.

𝐀𝐃𝐃𝐈𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐀𝐋 𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒/𝐈𝐍𝐅𝐎.
Mild Content, Character Revealed Later in Story.

-ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ-

You were looking through your spacious closet, huffing when you saw nothing sexy enough for your ... roommate's-- boyfriend's event. He was opening a bank. Big deal. But, apparently, this was supposed to be Korea's most successful and secure bank of all time since robberies were becoming more and more common.

You didn't even feel like getting dressed up for a man who you barely loved. You knew he didn't love you. You didn't feel an ounce of generosity or genuine feeling to your relationship. He couldn't make you feel good, he never could. Why did you even bother staying in the relationship? Well, you cared about him. Your mother would never approve of anyone else since he and his family were stupid rich.

But you didn't give two fucks about his money. You were loyal, and you weren't a gold digger. You would be with the poorest man in the world if it meant real love.

But you simply felt nothing.

Your mother was swimming in bills that your boyfriend would so kindly drown her in, knowing your father passed seven years back. He had her wrapped around his finger, knowing you wouldn't object from any decisions she made for you. You weren't timid, nor a push over. But your mother was...

Something.

She had a side to her that was best locked away. It usually would occur when she didn't get her way.

At your father's funeral, his overbarring mother, who was salty they had placed him in a polished, overexpensive burgundy wood casket that costed $11400 when she had specifically requested something cheaper and smaller, even though your father had left three-fourths of his money to his mother, who was never satisfied, so she wouldn't have to spend that much of her newly received money on anyone, not even her son who had given it to her as his last death wish, insisted that they remove him from the casket and place him in the second to cheapest box.

Your mother stopped holding her breath and completely lost it, And, well... Let's just say it was almost a double-funeral. She was escorted out of the church, forgetting it was your father who had died, your best friend, the man who taught you life lessons, how to use a gun, how to fight, and how to damn count and speak clearly, someone you loved more than you loved yourself, and not just her husband. She ranted about how he should have left the money for her and insisted you wipe your tears because "everyone dies," and that "he was a sorry excuse of a father, anyway". You were only 15, you couldn't do anything but hide your tears and scream into your pillow while she packed his things and threw them in the attic.

That was a moment you would never forget. Even being 25, now.

Suddenly, a loud knock had released you from your sad thoughts. You didn't even realize you were crying until someone came closer, running a thumb across your eye.

You realized it was his maid, Janice.

"Y/N. Why are you crying?" You sniffled and wiped your eye.

"Just.. Thought of something that got me down, that's all." She stroked your hair, softly. "Are you sure?" She genuinely asked, looking into your Brown irises. You smiled and nodded. She kissed your forehead and took her hand away.