Prologue

"Shaadi, Vivah, Marriage, Wedding, whatever you may call it are simply names for this compulsory ritual that society sees the need for to be fulfilled. I don't get this concept at all. I mean until you have not gotten married, you have not completely fulfilled the purpose of life, shaadi nahi ki toh kuch nahi kiyaa! What is this yaar? The fact that you have a successful job, you have a loving family, you are an independent person, you can stand on your own two feet, and are more than capable of looking after yourself is just not enough for society. Why does society emphasise on the fact that you need a partner to get through life and that partner should only be the one from marriage. No boyfriend or girlfriend, no best friend, no sister or brother, no parent, that person has to be your spouse. The one who you are legally binded to in this mandatory act called marriage. As Ranbir Kapoor rightly said, "Shaadi is dal chawal for pachaas saal till you die ... arre life mein thoda bahut keema pav, tangdi kabab, hakka noodle bhi hona chahiye nah?" I toh personally don't believe in this shaadi waadi business. But that does not mean I have anything against those who do believe in marriage. If you believe in marriage, that's great! Get married! But please don't force me to!"

"Marriage for me is a pure relation. The relation that my parents share, the relation that my grandparents share, the relation that my uncle and aunties share, the relation that my bhai and bhabhi share. I see marriage as a relation which not only binds two souls together but also two families. It is one of the purest bonds in the world. Whenever I look at my parents, I dream of having my own relation like that one day. I feel like everyone should experience this beautiful concept called marriage. It is one of those things which you don't understand it's beauty until you have tried it yourself. Maa always says, "you won't get to understand the feeling of being married to this person whom you decide to spend the rest of your life with until you actually go through that experience and to be honest I really want to live the experience. I want to have someone by my side, I want to have someone I can share my thoughts with at 2am, I want to have someone I can watch late night movies with, I want to have someone who will share my joys and sorrows with me. I want someone whom I can share a pure relation with just like the relation that my parents share. I am sure that someone will enter my life soon!"

A/N: The thought process of two individuals, Manik Malhotra and Nandini Murthy. Can you guys guess which thought process is related to which character? With two completely contrasting views on marriage, what will happen when these two strangers will clash? Will they ever be binded into the relation of marriage? Or will their happily ever after remain a dream? Read on to find out! 🙈 Lots of love xxx