Chapted 14 - Letting it all out!

Manik's P.O.V

After what happened in the hospital, I ran after her. I had to! I couldn't just leave her alone to be upset like that. I cared way too much about her to leave her alone like that. Yes! I cared! It's true! I felt this unknown connection with her since the day I met her. I don't know what this connection is, what this feeling is, but I do know that I care about her. In the little time I've known her, I've realised she's a special girl with a pure heart. She's so caring, strong headed, and kind. She's that woman my mom always taught my sister to be. A woman of dignity, grace, and self respect. There's something about her which caught my eye the day I saw her in the hospital. Zoya bhabhi was right, there was something about her that was just so captivating. She had that sparkle in her eyes and that magical smile. I immediately felt attracted to her, and wanted to find out more about her. Not gonna lie, when I found out she was the girl my grandparents chose for me to marry, I was so happy. I was finally given a chance to get to know her, it felt as if we were meant to be. When I took her to the party with me, I felt so happy to be there with her. I felt proud calling her my date, even if it was just for the matter of a few hours. In these few moments that we've spent together, I've cherished the memories. From eating street food with her, to walking on the beach and talking about anything and everything, it was all special. Today, we were supposed to tell her family that we didn't want to marry each other. In other words, I had to tell a lie because the reality was that I wanted it to work with her. Nandini and I, I wanted us to work. I told her I liked her, I know there was no point because she was completely against the whole marriage and love concept. But if I hadn't told her then I would've regretted it. I can't say I love her, because love takes time but I do like her. I feel as if this likeness would've surely blossomed into love if given a chance but alas she didn't want it that way. I didn't force her either, of course everyone is entitled to what they want to do.

Today we all found out the real reason behind her saying no to marriage, her parents! But what about her parents? What have they done that has traumatised her so much? I wanted to find out so I followed her out of the hospital. She didn't have her car so she couldn't have gone far. I drove out of the hospital and started looking around the roads in search of her. I saw her walking on the streets not so far from the hospital. I pulled up near her and opened the window. I looked at her and she looked at me with her teary eyes. She's been crying! Without any word, she came and sat in the car.

"Take me to the beach, please?" She said as she stared at the busy roads of Mumbai.

"The beach?" I questioned.

"My happy place. A place where I find my inner peace!" She said with a slight smile.

"Okay!" I said as I started to drive off towards the closest beach.

We soon reached the beach and I parked my car. Once we did that, I followed Nandini towards this secluded area of the beach. She went and sat on the dry sand and I sat next to her. She started to play with the sand as she stared into the sea, her tears dry on her face.

"Manik why do you believe in marriage?" She questioned, her eyes still stuck on the waves that splashed against each other.

"What?" I questioned out of shock unable to understand why she was asking such a question.

"Just tell me, why do you believe in marriage and happily ever after?" She said but this time she looked right into my eyes and I couldn't help but give her a truthful answer.

"Honestly speaking Nandini, growing up I have seen lots of happy married couples around me. My parents, my grandparents, my uncles and aunties, and of course bhai and bhabhi too. They are all so happy with each other, trust each other, and respect each other. So seeing them together like that makes me want to have someone to share the rest of my life with too." I replied genuinely which caused a small smile to form on her face.