A thought that's been on my mind!

2020 so far has been a hectic year to say the least. So many things have happened and are currently happening right now. The Australian bushfire, the communal riots in Delhi, the Coronavirus, the Karachi plane crash, the black lives matter movement, the crisis in Yemen, and so much more. The world is experiencing many challenges right now but the public is facing them. People are speaking up against the oppression towards people of colour, people are starting to become more conscious about the environment and the world we're living in. People are starting to fight for change and I only pray that this fight does lead to a change.

Just this past week we lost a fine actor. I'm assuming most of you have heard of Sushant Singh Rajput's death. It has come as a shock to us all. It feels like a personal loss despite not knowing him on a personal level.

I'm not going to sit here and pretend I was his die heart fan. No, but he was one of the very few actors whom I respected and enjoyed watching his work. I have followed and admired his work since "Kis Desh mai hai mera dil" and the 10 year old me back then was crazy over Preet Juneja (Sushant's character). We have all seen him evolve into both a fine actor and a charismatic, honest, and positive human. Being a fan of M.S.Dhoni, it was mesmerising to see Sushant beautifully portray Dhoni's role. He embodied his character so well, he made us believe he was MS.Dhoni. That portrayal of the  World Cup final shot gave us all goosebumps. He was such a talented and hard working actor. Along with being such a wonderful actor, he was also super intelligent. He wrote beautifully and spoke beautiful words. It's hard to believe that the person who we always saw smiling took such a big step. His sorrows must have been really extreme for him to take such a step. We don't know what he was feeling, thinking, or what troubles he was going through. We know what the media shows us and frankly speaking it's hardly ever the entire truth.

I honestly didn't know about the ban placed on him from the numerous production houses. I hardly pay attention to what goes on in the film/television industry as a lot of it really angers me, so I try to stay away from it all. Clearly, he was never accepted by the industry. Despite having no connections to the acting world, this man still fought his way up the system and delivered some exceptional movies. His work may not have gotten the 'so called awards' for recognition but his work truly touched people. He fought, fought, and gave up fighting. It's sad to know that he saw this as the only option.

Mental health is real! Mental health needs to be talked about. In our Asian community, the topic of mental health is seen as a taboo. It apparently doesn't exist. "Drama queen", "attention seeker", "ladkay nahi rote", "therapy is for people who are weak" are just some of the numerous phrases we have to hear. Why can't we say "I'm here if you need to talk", "it's okay to not be okay", "so what if you're a boy? You're still a human and crying won't make you less of a man" more often? Why do we laugh it off if someone says "man I feel depressed!"? Why do we say jokingly that "I'm so bored! I feel depressed!". Mental health is serious! Depression is serious! Anxiety is serious!

If you ever feel vulnerable, anxious, unsure, please speak to someone. Please don't keep it in, don't be scared to share how you feel. It's okay to not be okay all the time. We all go through hard times and it is in these times that we should turn to our loved ones and speak to them. Speaking to someone and sharing your worries helps and I'm speaking from personal experience. Sometimes just talking to a person you can trust helps you feel so much better.

I may not know you all personally but please if you ever feel like you just need somebody to listen to you, message me! I'm not saying I'm a professional at giving advice! No, I struggle to voice my feelings out at times but I can promise I'll listen and not judge. We should all make a promise to ourself to listen, to not judge, and be kind to ourself and the people around us.

For those who were expecting this to be a new update, I'm sorry that it isn't but this is something that has been on my mind and I just had to write it down. I hope you're all in good health. ❤️ Lots of love xxx