Chapter 35 - The perks of dating a cricketer!

Nandini's P.O.V:

It's 6:00 pm and I am waiting in Manik's room for him to be ready for the party. It's more of a little get together over dinner than a party. The team have a match tomorrow so having a huge party wasn't the best idea. However, Manik over here is getting ready like he's going to the oscars or something.

"Manik how much longer? You've spent the past half an hour trying to style your hair only for it to look the same as before." I whined.

"Same? Really? You don't pay attention to the finer details in life." He said as he carried on styling his hair.

"Finer details my..." I said irritatedly only to be interrupted by the cause of my irritation.

"No swearing!" He shouted.

"Just hurry up or I will go by myself." I said with gritted teeth.

"It takes time to look this hot you know." He said with a smirk.

"Seriously Manik I'm leaving!" I said as I proceeded towards the door.

"Aray stop, I'm nearly done I promise." He whined like a child.

"Two minutes, not a second more." I said sternly. He knew I was irritated so he made sure he was ready within two minutes.

"Look I'm ready and the two minutes aren't even up yet. Now cheer up Nandini, a frown doesn't suit you!" He said as he hugged me from the back.

"I'm sorry for getting so irritated. I just don't like being late." I said as I rested my head back against his chest.

"You're not late Nandini. The party starts at 7, it's 6:45 right now. We have plenty of time. So cheer up!" He explained.

"Okay okay but Manik I'm so nervous about today." I said as I turned around to face him.

"Why?" He questioned.

"I'm just worried everyone will react weirdly. What if they think I got this job because we're together? What if they think I'm a distraction to you? What if..."

"Calm down! Firstly, you are one of the best doctors in Mumbai, you don't need me to get you any jobs. Secondly, this job is temporary and you got this because of your hard work. In fact, we weren't even dating before you got this job. So stop worrying about that and Nandini you are not a distraction. If anything, you're my motivation. Most of the team mates have an idea about us and they all love you. So stop worrying and let's go enjoy this night." He reassured me and I suddenly felt calm.

"You have a way with words Mr VC. You just made me feel so much better." I said with a smile as I pecked him on his cheek.

"A pleasure Doctor, now shall we?" He replied as he extended his hand forward.

"We shall!" I replied as I placed my hand in is.

And so we did, hand in hand, by each other's side, we made our way to the open terrace restaurant of the hotel which had been booked for the dinner party.

"Are you ready?" Manik asked as we stood near the entrance.

"Let's do this!" I said confidently.

We walked inside hand in hand, like we decided, and as expected everyone stared at us. Some smirking because they already knew about us, some shocked, and some confused.

"Manik? Are we missing something?" Shikhar Dhawan said as he walked up to us.

"You've all met Doctor Nandini Murthy right? Well today I would like you guys to meet Nandini, my Nandini!" Manik said proudly as he pulled me closer to him.