Chapter 20 - The professional relationship

It was 8am and I was rushing towards the hospital in my pyjamas all for Nandini. I really hope she's okay. I don't want that stupid news article to change anything between us! I soon reached the hospital and I rushed into the hospital once my car was parked. The receptionist saw me and called out to me!

"OMG! It's you Manik!" I heard her scream with excitement. I turned around towards her, she was the same receptionist from the last time I visited.

"Hey! I need to see Doctor Nandini, where can I find her?" I asked politely.

"So the news is true! You guys are together! I should've known when you came with her to the hospital the other day!" She said in shock.

"No it's not like that! She is my doctor of course, she did my treatment last time. It's common for people to go and see their doctors if they have any issues, right? So I'm doing just that!" I explained.

"Hmmm, so you two aren't dating?" She asked curiously. She's such a nosy nurse!

"Nope, we are not dating!" I replied calmly. She was starting to irritate me but I kept my cool.

"So you are single?" She asked once again.

"Pretty much!" I replied.

"I'm also single!" She exclaimed.

"Good for you!" I said as I rolled my eyes.

"By the way, when I found out that you were dating Doctor Nandini, I was shocked! I mean she's such a boring person and you're so much fun!" She said.

"Are we done with gossiping Shreya? Now can we please get back to work! Why don't you make yourself useful and pass these files onto Doctor Sharma?" Nandini said sternly as she approached us both. She must've heard her.

"Sorry doctor, sure doctor!" Shreya said quietly as she took the files from Nandini and literally ran away from there.

"Hey!" I replied.

"My office, now!" She said sternly.

"Sure thing!" I said as I followed her.

"Who does she think she is? How can she say that about me?" Nandini said angrily as I shut the office door behind me.

"I know right! But how do you know it's a she? What if it's a he?" I asked.

"Tum andhay ho kya?" She questioned.

"What?" I replied. What does she mean?

"No tell me, are you blind?" She asked once again.

"No! What kind of a question is that?" I replied in disbelief.

"So can you not see the nurse you were talking to outside is a girl!" She stated.

"Oh you're talking about that!" I said.

"Yeah! What else will I be talking about? And why are you here early in the morning in your pyjamas?" She asked as she stared me and up and down in my pjs.

"Urm, woh, urm, did you read today's newspaper by any chance?" I asked hesitantly.

"No, actually I didn't get the time. I thought I'll read it after my shift ends." She replied casually.

"Have you got a copy by any chance?" I asked.

"Yeah it's here on the table. It jut got delivered to me half an hour ago." She said as she pointed to the newspaper.