Chapter 11 - Dancing away!

As we walked to the dance floor, the music started playing. I was not expecting such a romantic music to be playing. "Suno na sangemarmar" from Youngistan started to play and everyone was swaying to the beautiful music.

Suno na sangemarmar ki yeh minaare
Kuch bhi nahi hai aage tumhaare
Aaj se dil pe mere raaj tumhaara
Taj tumhara

Manik was about to put one of his hands around my waist, and then he suddenly stopped. He then asked me for my permission and honestly that made me go awe at him. I gave him a smile indicating that I was okay with it. He is such a gentleman! He gently placed his left hand on my waist and that sent shivers down my body. His touch, it was affecting me so much! He then entwined his right hand with mine. Hesitantly, I rested my other hand on his shoulder and we started to slowly sway with the music. He was continuously looking at me with his intense eyes and his killer smile. I felt super uncomfortable! Why was he smiling so much? I looked everywhere but in his eyes. I simply could not afford to lose myself in those gorgeous brown eyes.

Suno na sangemarmar ki yeh minaare
Kuch bhi nahi hai aage tumhaare
Aaj se dil pe mere raaj tumhaara
Taj tumhara
Suno na sangmarmar ki yeh minaare

He spinned me around and I clashed into him... My back against his chest. He continued swaying with the music as I shivered due to the proximity. He then whispered something in my ears and I found myself blushing at his words.

"Nandini, thank you for this dance! I don't dance a lot but here I am spinning you round and round in circles!" He said softly into my ears.

"Why are you dancing then?" I said with a smirk.

"Because I could not miss the chance of having a dance with a beautiful girl like you!" He said softly once again and I found my cheeks getting warmer and warmer. I was freaking blushing at his words! I was blushing hard!

"Honestly Manik, never had I thought I'd be here at a party dancing with a man who I don't even know properly. Heck I had never pictured myself dancing with any man for that matter!" I slightly lied, it wasn't true that I didn't know him properly because in the little interaction I've had with him, I've come to know a lot of things about him. The most important things being that he is a true gentleman with a pure heart who will do anything for his loved ones. He had a pure heart and he truly deserved another pure soul to love him and support him in all that he did.
I smiled on the conversation we had and continued to dance away with the music.

Bin tere maddham maddham
bhi chal rahi thi dhadkan
Jab se mile tum humein
Aanchal se tere bandhe
Dil ud raha hai

His slid his hands down from my shoulder to my fingers and entiwned them together. I put my head back and rested it on his chest and we continued to sway with the music. The proximity between us no longer felt uncomfortable. We were both lost in the song and we let our bodies dance freely to the rhythm of the music.