Chapter 18 - Cute conversations!

She was stood in between Sakshi and Anushka and cheering loudly for me. She came! She actually came! Wait, of course she would! Why would she not come? She promised. My smile just grew wider and wider, it was then that Virat nudged me and broke me out of my trance. He gave me a control look and I made a straight face again.

"Ab thora cricket bhi khel lai?" Dhoni said with a smirk as he witnessed me and Virat's little encounter.

"Yes Mahi bhai!" I said with a smile as I ran back towards my position on the field. The rest of the match went by and I managed to take two more catches. I made sure I gave my 100% to the game. I wanted to do my best! I wanted Nandini to see my best side, and that side comes out when I play cricket. We restricted Australia to a score of 280 runs. It was now time for a mini break and honestly I just wanted to run to that stadium and meet Nandini. Alas, I couldn't! We had to go to the dressing room and discuss the match with our coach before we were asked to bat. We all went into the dressing room and had an intense 20 minute discussion about the match. The discussion soon finished and Dhawan and Rohit started to get prepared to go on the field. The game was going to resume in the next ten minutes.

"Virat I wanna go see her!" I whined like a kid.

"Ooooh! Who?" He asked cluelessly.

"Shut up man! You know who!" I said as I rolled my eyes at him and picked up one of the sandwiches placed on the table to eat.

"Manik but match is going to start soon." He said as he too helped himself to a sandwich.

"Yeah, I know but I'm not batting first. Please it'll be five minutes, I promise!" I pleaded.

"Fine! I'll let you go! Remember though, next time I want to sneak out in the middle of the match or practice to see Anushka, you'll have to cover up for me!" He said with a smirk.

"Bro, I've been covering up for you since day one!" I stated.

"That's true. So then what can you do for me?" Virat said thoughtfully.

"You're wasting my time man!" I said irritatedly.

"Virat, Manik, Anuhska's calling you both outside!" The coach said with a smirk as he walked inside the dressing room. Virat literally ran outside the room and I shook my head at his Romeo type behaviour. "Bhuvi, save me some of that chocolate please!" I said loudly as I saw Bhuvi pulling out a chocolate bar. He laughed as I walked out of the dressing room. As I got out of the room, I saw Anushka and Virat stood next to each other with a big grin on their face.

"What?" I questioned as I raised my eyebrows in confusion. They both moved to reveal a petite figure. She was looking towards me with a big smile on her face.

"Nandini?" I said in shock.

"Five minutes! Thank us later!" Virat said with a smirk.

"I suggest you go to the cafe inside. You don't want to be caught by the paps! Next thing you know, tomorrow's headlines will be, Mysterious girl in Manik Malhotra's life! Kon hai woh? Who is she?" Anushka said dramatically to which we all laughed. I then started to walk towards the cafe and Nandini followed me. The cafe was reserved for the team players and their family and friends. After the dressing rooms, that was probably our next best escape from the media. None of us spoke a single word as we walked towards the cafe. There was a silence, but it was definitely not the awkward silence. Nothing felt awkward around her. As we went inside the cafe, we found it to be quite empty. We went to a table in the corner and I pulled out the chair for Nandini. She smiled and sat down.