Chapter 10 - "She's already taken!"

We walked towards the party venue and I felt my heart beating faster and faster. Even whilst doing an operation, I have never felt this stressed. Why was I so worried? Maybe because I was at a party hosted by The Virat Kohli and Anushka Sharma, maybe because this party had lots of well known celebrities here, maybe because I did not know the party hosts personally to even be here. I felt really out of place and decided it was best for me to not attend. I stopped in my place and Manik carried on walking ahead. A few seconds later, he realised I was missing and turned around to see me standing still in my place. He walked back towards me and broke me out of my thoughts.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"I can't go in, Manik! I can't!" I muttered.

"But why? Are you okay?" He asked with concern.

"Manik there'll be so many celebrities in there, you will know them personally but I won't and..." I tried to address my worries only to be interrupted by him.

"Nandini, being a celebrity does not mean you have to be an actor, a sports personality, a politician, or a member of the royal family. A celebrity refers to a well known person, a person of greatness and respect. And Nandini you are one such person. Doctor Murthy, you are one of the best doctors in Mumbai. Sorry I didn't know this before and bhai had to tell me, but that's not the point. Stop considering yourself so low. Please! And even if you weren't a well known doctor, you should still feel special for being the way you are." He explained it beautifully to me and I felt my eyes starting to tear up. Why was he so kind? I was about to speak when I heard a voice from the back.

"Manik's right!" A strange manly voice called out.

"He's always right!" This time it was a woman. I looked at Manik's face only to realise he had a big smile on his face. Did he know who was calling out to us? We both turned around at the same time to see a mesmerising sight. How freaking gorgeous were these two? I'm not normally the girl to hype over couples, but these two were just on another level.

"Virushka!" I mumbled quietly but I knew Manik had heard me as he stared at me in shock. He probably found it hard to believe that I was fangirling. I took a deep breath as the couple walked towards us. Breathe in and out Nandini! Breathe in and out! I put a calm and composed smile on my face.

"Virat! Looking amazing man! Congratulations to the both of you!" Manik said as he took Virat into a hug and then proceeded to hug Anushka.

"Thank you Mani!" Virat said with a smile.

"By the way Mani, you look really handsome today!" Anushka said with a wink to which the trio started laughing. They had both referred to Manik as Mani, was that his nickname for them? Oh well! It was a rather cute one! Not going to lie, I was starting to feel quite uncomfortable. They knew each other so well and here I was, a stranger! I started to fidget with my dress due to nervousness, and that's when I felt a hand around my shoulder. I looked up to see Manik staring at me with a concerned look. I gave him a reassuring smile.

"Guys, meet Nandini! Doctor Nandini Murthy! And Nandini this is Virat and Anushka, my two really close and crazy friends!" Manik said with a smile.

"It's lovely to meet you both!" I said with a smile.

"It's lovely to meet you!" Anushka said as she gave me a hug. How cute was she? I reciprocated the hug.

"Nandini! And finally we meet!" Virat said as he extended his hand. I shook his hand and it is only then I realised what he had said. Finally we meet! What did he mean by that?

"What do you mean by finally?" I asked with confusion.

"Urm actually what I meant is that it's finally good to meet the girl who truly bowled over Manik with her beauty!" Virat said.