Chapter 4 - "Goodbye for now!"

It was the next day and Manik Malhotra was all set to be discharged from the hospital. Once his favourite doctor checked him of course. Aditya had stayed the night with Manik. Zoya, Amayra, and Mukti came to visit him in the afternoon. Manik was sat in his hospital room with his niece Amayra and his bhabhi Zoya. Aditya and Mukti had gone out to get Manik's remaining medicines.

"Manik chachu when will you get to come home? I missed playing with you last night and listening to your funny stories." Amayra said with a sad pout.

"Awhh princess your chachu will be home soon. The doctor will be coming back with the reports and then hopefully I can come home today with you." Manik said with a smile.

Just then Nandini entered the room and proceeded towards Manik. She greeted everyone with a smile.

"Yay! Doctor aunty is here!!! Now my chachu can go home!" Amayra said with a smile as she started to jump about.

"Hi little cutie. I told you that your chachu will be perfectly fine, didn't I?" Nandini said as she bent down to meet the little girls height.

"Yes aunty and you were so right. Thank you!" Amayra said giving Nandini a hug.

"You're most welcome!" I said with a smile.

"So doc, can I go home then?" Manik questioned.

"Yes Mr Malhotra, you are perfectly fine to go home today. You need to finish the course of your medicines though. We would normally advise you to come after a month or so for your physiotherapy sessions but your coach has already spoken to my team. Your personal physiotherapist will be taking care of that and the nurses will come every week to check on your cast and re do it if need be. Mr Malhotra, I wish you a quick recovery and hope that you are able to get back to playing cricket in no time." Nandini explained all the details.

"Thank you doctor! And I wish you all the best with all that you do too." Manik genuinely said with a smile.

"Thank you!" She replied.

"Mumma! Mumma! I want to use the bathroom!" Amayra suddenly said.

"Okay beta lets go!" Zoya quickly took her out.

"Soooo...." Manik said.

"Sooooo?" Nandini questioned.

"I guess this is goodbye." He said awkwardly.

"I guess it is too!" She replied nodding her head.

"You're a talented doctor!" He exclaimed.

"And I haven't seen you play cricket but I'm sure you are amazing at what you do too!" She said with a smile.

"Why thank you!" He said with a smirk.

Just then a nurse walked in.

"Doctor it's soon time for the operation. We need you to come and check if all the preparations are done and then we can start the operation." She informed.

"Okayy Shreya, I'm coming! You please go ahead." Nandini instructed.

"Sure doctor!" The nurse said as she left the room.

"Right Mr Malhotra, I have to go now. Do take care of yourself and don't hesitate to contact me if you have any issues related to your leg or health." Nandini said.

"Sure doctor!" He said.

"Good bye!" She said as she turned to leave.

"Doctor!" He suddenly called out.