Chapter 24 - Jealous? No way!

"Manik what is this?" I questioned.

"What was that?" He questioned as he pointed towards Hardik, anger was visible both in his voice and his eyes.

"I was dancing with a friend just like you were!" I said as I stared at Rose.

"Friend? Really? Since when?" He asked.

"Since the past couple of minutes!" I replied casually.

"Wow! I thought you didn't like him, I thought he gave you weird vibes!" He stated.

"I never said those things Manik. That's besides the point, you tell me what you were doing! I thought you found Rose too clingy and you tried to avoid her at all costs. So why were you getting so close to her today?" I questioned curiously.

"I was simply dancing! Like I was with the other women. Like I was dancing with you!" He exclaimed.

"Oh! So you're really gonna compare the dance we had to that! Unbelievable!" I said in disbelief. How could he even compare the beautiful dance we had to the one with Rose. You could tell he didn't want to be there but he was still dancing with her! Why? To make me jealous maybe?

"What? Nandini a dance is a dance!" He stated.

"No Manik! A dance isn't just a dance! The dance we had held a lot of emotions for me." I confessed.

"Acha? What type of emotions?" He asked with a smirk.

"You don't need to know Mr Malhotra! If you had felt it, you would know what I'm on about but clearly we're both not on the same vibe!" I replied sternly.

"Whatever! I don't want to get into an argument with you right now! Let's just get back to the party before some sneaky media person sees us and finds juicy gossip." He said as he looked around our surroundings to make sure all was clear.

"Mujhe bhi koi shokh nahi hai to be in the limelight always! But that does not mean I am done with you Malhotra!" I said as I turned around to go back to the party.

"What? Why? Nandini Listen!" He said as he called out to me but I paid no heed. I was soon back in the party and engrossed myself in talks with the ladies.

Manik's P.O.V:

After our little argument, Nandini stormed away and Virat soon joined me! I gave him a smirk and took him into a hug.

"It worked! It freaking worked! You could tell she was jealous!" I said as I squeezed him tight.

"Thanks! Its a full proof plan, works everytime. In fact, it worked with Anushka too." He said as he hugged me back.

"Really? Anushka doesn't seem like the type to be jealous!" I said as I pulled out of the hug.

"Neither does Nandini, but you still managed to make her jealous." He replied with a smirk.

"That's true! But I think I took it a little too far when I compared the beautiful dance we had to that uncomfortable and forced dance with Rose. She's damn upset about that." I said disappointedly.

"If you think you took it too far then apologise. I'm sure she won't forgive you!" Virat said with a giggle.

"Saalay! Friend ho ya dushman! You're supposed to be encouraging me. Ekdum gadhero che!" I said as I pushed him slightly.

"Hawwww Gujarati? Nandini is starting to rub off on you!" He said with a smirk.

"That she is! Anyways let me go, I have a girl whose frown needs to be turned into a smile!" I said as I looked in Nandini's direction.