Chapter 21 - Falling for her!

Nandini's P.O.V:

After a hectic morning, I decided to head home. I couldn't deal with anymore questions from people on whether I was dating Manik! It was pathetic! I mean, can a girl and guy not be friends? I was hoping to find some peace when I got home, but alas peace was not written for me. As soon as I got home, I found my parents and grandparents watching the news channel. On the channel streaming was my interview. Great! Now I'll be loaded with millions of questions from my family. I mentally prepared myself for the endless questions. I walked in the room and greeted everyone with a smile. Dad immediately turned the TV off and they all stare at me.

"How are you kanna?" Amms said as she caressed my face.

"Good Amms!" I replied with a smile.

"How was the shift at the hospital?" Mum asked.

"Very good Mum!" I replied.

"Are you okay beta?" Dad questioned.

"I'm okay Dad!" I replied.

"Okay you know what, I know you are all eager to ask me questions so just do it!" I said as I dumped my bag on the sofa. I knew they all wanted to ask me questions, after all so much has happened.

"Kanna what is going on between you and Manik? Tell us honestly!" Amms questioned.

"What?" I asked with confusion.

"Di, what's the scene between you and Manik? That's what Amms is trying to ask." Rishab said with a giggle.

"Rishab! There is no scene between us. Amms, I have told you before and I will tell you now, we are just good friends!" I explained.

"Acha? A good friend misses his post match presentation for you! Those presentations are important you know!" Mum said.

"Mum, it was for the matter of five minutes!" I said in disbelief. My family is no less than C.I.D.

"Why does the media think there is something going on then?" Mum further questioned.

"Because they're the media, they need the gossip!" I stated.

"Nandini, please be more careful next time! If you say there's nothing between you and Manik, then I believe you! But please be careful next time, you can't have such news spreading about. What will people think?" Mum said.

"Why do we always care about what people will think? I'm tired of being careful about the life choices I make because what will people think?" I say irritatedly as I threw my hands in the air.

"Nandini beta calm down! That's not what your mum meant!" Dad tried to calm me down.

"I know Dad, but it's true right? You have always taught us to do what's right for us! So why should we bother about society?" I explained my views.

"There's no arguing with this girl! Chalo, freshen up! I'll make you breakfast!" Mum said as she headed towards the kitchen.

"No mum, right now I just want to sleep! That night shift really drained me out!" I said as I hugged her from the back.

"Okay get some rest then!" Mum said as she patted my forehead. I smiled at her and headed towards my room.

Manik's P.O.V:

I was practicing my batting in the nets when Sakshi walked up to me with Mahi bhai and Ziva.

"Hey there handsome! Practicing hard?" She said with her chirpy smile.