Chapter 28 - A work of fate or something more?

"Sometimes unexpected encounters bring unexpected blessings."

"Are you following me?" He asked.

"I can say the same about you! First you meet me on the plane and now the hotel! Surely this can't be a coincidence!" I said with confusion.

"I promise I'm not following you! My team is staying at this hotel." Bumrah stated.

"Apparently, the company I'm expected to work for chose this hotel for my stay too. Lovely!" I said with a giggle.

"Well its a pleasant coincidence! Manik will be thrilled to know you're staying in this very hotel!" He said excitedly.

"Yeah about that, can you please not tell Manik I'm staying here?" I requested.

"Why? Is everything okay between you guys?" He questioned.

"Yeah, all's good! I want to surprise him." I replied.

"Of course! I won't mention anything then." He said with a smile.

"Thank you!" I replied.

"You're welcome! Now I would love to sit and chat but it's already 2 am and I am so tired. There's a match tomorrow night so I need to be well rested." He said as he picked up his bag and proceeded to leave.

"Of course! You need to be on duty in case anyone needs a massage prior to the match, right?" I said as I too gathered my things.

"Yeah, Of course! Totally need to be there for the massage!" He said with a giggle and turned to leave.

"Bye!" I said as I waved at him.

"Bye!" He replied.

What is my life right now? A week ago I wasn't talking to Manik and suddenly when I decide to talk things out with him, he goes to a different country and I'm sent out behind him. Same country, same city, same hotel, what were the chances? Maybe this is a sign. I feel the need to see him as soon as possible. He's probably asleep by now but I'll go see him in the morning. He's going to be thrilled to see me here. Well, atleast I hope so because the last time we met, we were not on the best terms.

I soon made my way to my hotel room and it was the most beautiful room. It was like a mini apartment. There was the bedroom and bathroom of course. Along with that there was a small lounge area and a small kitchen too. Whoever I'm working for has definitely gone all out. There was also a balcony which faced the beautiful garden of the hotel.

I was so tired I decided to hit bed straight away. I freshened up and changed into my pyjamas. I then decided to check my emails before going off to sleep incase Doctor Sharma had emailed me any details about my job. When I opened the folder, I saw an email from him. Apparently, the company heads were going to meet me tomorrow in the hotel restaurant at 10:00 am to explain my job to me. Finally, I will find out why I'm here. Once I replied to Dr Sharma, I messaged my parents, Navya Di, and Alya that I had reached safely and then I headed off to sleep.

******

It was 9:30 and I was ready for the meeting. I wore maroon pants with a white jumper and loosely curled my hair. I put minimum make up on in an attempt to conceal my eye bags due to the lack of sleep. There was still half an hour left so I decided to head down to the reception and inquire about Manik's room. I could've messaged him but I decided it would be nice to surprise him.

"Good morning ma'am, how may I help you?" The receptionist asked with a big smile.

"Hi, I just wanted to inquire which room Mr Manik Malhotra is staying in. He's here with the Indian Cricket Team." I asked in hope for a positive answer.