Chapter 19 - The mystery girl

The second half of the match went really well and of course we won the match. It was a close match but with a century from Rohit and a half century from me and Virat, the team smoothly won the game. Mahi bhai finished the match with his signature six and the entire stadium was celebrating. The rest of the lads ran onto the field and normally I would've done the same. But today was different! Today I just wanted to stare at the VIP seating area and see Nandini. I wanted to see if she was excited about the win. I kept searching for her but she wasn't there. In fact none of the other ladies were there either. I continued looking around for her when I heard a little voice call out to me!

"Yay! We won chachu, we won!" I heard Amayra call out to me. I turned around to find her running towards me whilst Nandini and Zoya bhabhi smiled at her cuteness.

"Of course we won baby, after all my lucky charm was here!" I said as I pulled Amayra's cheeks.

"Really? Who's this lucky charm may I ask?" Sakshi said curiously as she walked towards me with Ziva by her side.

"What a silly question that is Sakshi! Of course it's baby Amayra!" I replied.

"Really? I thought it was Nandini!" She said cheekily.

"Sakshi don't be silly. Nandini is just a friend okay, just a normal friend!" Anushka said with a smirk.

"Hogaya tum dono kaa? I do not find it necessary to answer any of your questions." I said sternly. They were both finding ways to tease me.

"It's okay! We got our answers!" Anushka said cheekily.

"What's happening here ladies?" Virat said as he walked over to us.

"Nothing Virat, we're just teasing your best friend!" Anushka said with a smirk.

"Teasing him? Without me? No way guys!" Virat exclaimed.

"Chiku tum bhi!" I whined like a kid.

"What? Dude you're my best friend, I would never leave an opportunity to tease you! Anyways Nandini, how did you like the match?" Virat said with a smile.

"It was an amazing experience! You all played really well! It was a treat to watch!" She replied.

"Thank you!" Virat said.

"My pleasure! I'll get going now!" She said as she tucked a hair strand behind her ear and started to rummage through her bag for something.

"Where?" I stated immediately.

"Home!" She replied casually.

"Itni jaldi?" I questioned.

"Manik the match is over!" She replied blankly.

"We have the celebration left! You should join us!" I tried to convince her to stay.

"Manik I'm sorry I can't!" She apologised.

"No Nandini please you have to join us!" I said once again but she was not ready to listen. Itna bhi important kya kaam hai?

"I understand but I'm working!" She answered.

"Working? It's 9pm!" I stated.

"Actually I'm doing a night shift at the hospital today from 11 pm. So I must get going!" She explained.

"Oh that makes sense. Of course duty comes first." I said with a slight smile. I wanted her to stay for the party but her job was more important. She hugged everyone a goodbye and proceeded towards me finally. She leaned forward for a hug but my stupid instincts made me put my hand forward for a handshake. I thought she would feel uncomfortable in hugging me and therefore I put my hand out for a handshake. She must think I didn't want to hug her. We had put ourself in a very awkward situation.