Chapter 8 - Confusions cleared!

"But I'm not nervous any more!" He stated.

"But you should be! You have a lot of answers to give, and I have many questions to ask!" She said firmly. Her eyes said it all. Manik Malhotra knew he was in trouble. She wasn't going to let him off easily. Doctor Murthy was going to demand an answer for all her questions.

 Doctor Murthy was going to demand an answer for all her questions

"What answers?" He asked pretending to be clueless.

"Manik Malhotra! You know exactly what I am on about! You said that we will tell our families together that we both are not interested in each other. Then you will go your way and I go my way! Right?" She stated.

"Right!" He replied.

"Then why the hell did you say we need time! Time for what?" She asked in disbelief.

"To get to know each other!" He said abruptly.

"Manik Listen! I'm not interested in getting to know you! In marrying you! Or having any association with you!" She replied harshly.

"Rude! Listen you can't just assume everything okay?" He said.

"What else shall I think then? Why do you want to get to know me?" She questioned curiously.

"Nandini Listen! You want me to say no to this proposal, right?" He asked.

"For the hundredth time, Yes!" She replied, clearly irritated.

"Well you have to do something in return for me then!" He said casually.

"What? Are you mad? Why should I?" She said angrily.

"You can't expect me to do you a favour and not ask for anything in return! I mean like you said, we are strangers! I mean if we shared some other relation then I may not have asked you to return the favour." He said with a slight smirk.

"Get to the point!" She stated.

"Okay, there's this girl!" He started to speak but was soon interrupted by Nandini.

"And you want to marry her? Done! I'll ask her out for you!" She said.

"Shut up! Let me finish at least! So there's this girl, and she's a little weird. She's after me! I just need you to come with me to a party and pretend we're really good friends, like really really good friends. She needs to realise that I'm least interested in her but I feel bad telling her straight up." He explained.

"What? Are you serious? Listen I'm not pretending to be your girlfriend!" Nandini said in disbelief.

"Who said girlfriend?" He asked.

"What else is really really good friend supposed to mean?" She questioned.

"A really really good friend! So you're not exactly my girlfriend, but you are way more special than a regular friend. Get it?" He said in an attempt to make her understand.