Chapter 6 - Jab they met, once again!

"Tum?" Nandini heard. She slowly opened her eyes to face him and saw the shock on his face.

"Aap?" The words jumped right out of her mouth as she saw him

"Aap?" The words jumped right out of her mouth as she saw him. Her fears came true!

"Aap?" He said once again trying to take in the shock! He was surely confused.

To say Nandini was shocked would be an understatement! In front of her stood the man himself, the Manik Malhotra! Yes the very same Manik Malhotra who is the vice captain of the Indian cricket team

To say Nandini was shocked would be an understatement! In front of her stood the man himself, the Manik Malhotra! Yes the very same Manik Malhotra who is the vice captain of the Indian cricket team. The very same Manik who was treated in the hospital by Nandini a couple of months back. She did not know how to react upon seeing him. She stood numb in her place. There are very little things that can make Nandini Murthy numb, and this was one such thing.

"Nandini beta, aap jaantay ho Manik ko?" Nandini heard Amms say.

"No Amms, I mean yes, no...  I mean yes... I!" Nandini didn't know what she was saying. She was too shocked to even react.

"Yes or no nandini?" Amms asked Nandini sternly. She was confused with this weird behaviour of her granddaughter.

"Yes Nandini, please do reply!" Manik said with a smirk to which he received glares from Nandini! He was teasing her and she was not happy.

"Yes Amms! I do know Mr Malhotra." Nandini replied quietly.

"May I ask how?" Amms asked.

"That's a silly question. She must've seen him on the tv or saw his pictures in the newspaper or their social networking sites. After all Manik is one of the best cricketers India has." Nandini's dadu explained to his dear wife.

"No dadu! That's not how I know him!" Nandini exclaimed.

"Then how do you know him?" He questioned.

"I'll tell you. Actually Nandini and I, we had a very adventurous meeting. You remember I got hurt two months back, Nandini had treated me then! At first I refused to be treated by her, but then eventually gave in." Manik explained to everyone. What was so adventurous about the meeting thought Nandini.