Chapter 7 - An agreement gone wrong!

"I mean yes, yes girls do catch my attention but they're not my type. I want somebody different, I don't know! I've never felt the vibe with them yet!" Manik explained.

"Wow! Mr Malhotra you are one complicated man!" That is all Nandini could say to him and his thoughts.

"You are no less Nandini... sorry doctor! Wait, we're not in the hospital anymore. Can I call you Nandini?" He asked cutely.

"Hmmmm!" She replied.

"You can call me Manik too, I won't mind!" He said slyly.

"You're so full of yourself!" She said in disbelief.

"Tell me something I don't know! Actually yes there is something you need to tell me which I don't know, Nandini I answered your question and now it's time for you to answer mine!" He stated.

"What? Listen this isn't a game and...." Nandini was about to complete her sentence but he interrupted her.

"So you said you do not believe in the concept of marriage at all! According to you, society has placed a huge importance on women getting married once they hit 20. If you are not married before 25 then they think there's something wrong with the girl. You don't like the idea of needing a guy to stay happy etc. So why did you agree to meet me? What made you change your mind Miss Murthy?" It was Manik's turn to ask the questions now, and he made sure to take full advantage of the fact.

"Love Manik, Love!" She stated abruptly.

"Woah! What? Love? Miss Murthy is in love! I cannot believe that! Who's the lucky guy?" He said with shock

"Manik..." She tried to explain her answer.

"Wait!!! But if you're in love then you wouldn't agree to an arranged marriage, I'm so confused! Hawww, are you in love with me? Oh my god, doctor!!! Seriously?" He asked once again. He was just coming to different conclusions without hearing her out and this was really irritating her.

"Manik!" She shouted.

"Ohhh but you didn't know I was coming to see you! Nandini I'm confused!" He paid no heed to her sudden scream and carried on with his silly assumptions.

"Will you shut up and let me talk? This is the problem! As soon as one mentions the word love, people automatically think the romantic type of love. The love between couples, the love between husband and wife!" Nandini was really irritated with him now and decided to knock some senses into him.

"The ishq waala love!" He stated.

"Yeah that! Anyway, when I said love I did not mean your 'ishq waala love'! I meant the love I have for my family. My grandparents insisted I meet you, and I couldn't say no to them because of the love and respect I have for them. I had decided before hand that I will only meet the boy for Amms' sake! Nothing else!" She explained her side of the story and Manik listened patiently.