Chapter 9 - "My date for the night!"

Nandini's P.O.V:

One week later

It was finally the day for the party! Surprisingly, I was a little excited. I wanted to attend this party. I mean not everyone gets to attend Virat Kohli and Anushka Sharma's party! I would be lying if I said I wasn't nervous though. The thought of being in the same venue as lots of celebrities made me shiver a little. There would be famous sport personalities, there would be famous actors, there would be famous directors, and there would be Manik too! Of course it's because of him that I'm attending. I cannot believe I said yeah to him. Never had I thought I would be attending a celebrity party with a man who my parents saw as my potential future husband. I was waiting eagerly for this party because after that I could finally tell my parents I did not want to marry Manik or anybody else for that matter. My entire family knew Manik was taking me to Virushka's anniversary party and they were excited to say the least. Of course Alya and Navya di made sure to get me dressed up properly. Whilst di picked out a beautiful gown for me and matching accessories, Alya did my hair and make up. Honestly, these two should just open up a beauty parlour. It was 5 in the evening and I was fully ready. Manik was supposed to pick me up at 5:30. I followed the dress code strictly and wore a pair of cute white sneakers, Alya was not happy that I chose to wear sneakers instead of heels but my excuse was that I was following the dress code. Besides, my gown was quite long so you couldn't see my shoes anyway. Sneakers were just so much more comfortable than heels. However, they did have their disadvantage. I was already so short and standing next to the Eiffel Tower that Manik is, I knew I would look no less than a 12 year old girl but who cares? I was wearing a light pink gown with flowers printed over it. It was a beautiful flowy dress which was designed by Alia especially for me for this party. I normally did not like to wear light colours but this dress was so pretty I couldn't resist it. My make up was kept quite neutral and soft with lots of highlight. I loved highlighter! It just added that extra pop to your make up. My hair was curled and put on the side. Alya was actually my personal stylist, she always did such an amazing job!

After taking plenty of pictures for my parents so they could upload on their Facebook and show all the aunties and uncles how pretty their daughter was, I sat down to take a breath of relief

After taking plenty of pictures for my parents so they could upload on their Facebook and show all the aunties and uncles how pretty their daughter was, I sat down to take a breath of relief. Taking pictures was exhausting and Alya made sure I had a full photo shoot done before I left for the party. I mean come on, I wasn't getting married! That reminds me, where was Manik? Its exactly 5:30 and he is nowhere to be seen. Just then the door bell rang and I knew who it was. Navya di excitedly went to open it and I had guessed right, it was Manik! She gave him a big smile and invited him inside. He walked in and his eyes started to search for something. Was he searching for me? No why would he? I then walked towards him to greet him when his eyes fell on me. He looked me up and down and muttered a wow! Navya di giggled at that and I found myself blushing. Why was I blushing? That was outright creepy! He just checked me out!

"Excuse me?" I questioned with a frown.

"You look absolutely breathtaking! You really suit this colour and your eyes, they're perfect!" Manik said with mesmerised expressions. One thing was for sure, he surely knew how to compliment a girl. One thing I had noticed and loved about Manik was that he was always straightforward. He always said what was in his heart and never hesitated.