Chapter 1 - Acheivements and mishaps!

"That's another six! The vice captain has sent the ball outside the stadium! This man, only this man can turn a game like this around. India need 12 runs from 3 balls. Can they do it?" The commentator almost screamed into the microphone. The crowd was getting crazy. It was the final of the T20 match between India and Australia. India were on the verge of losing but the vice captain and ex captain M.S. Dhoni were on the field. Their last few over boundaries had created hope for India. It was the last 3 balls remaining and the entire pressure was on the vice captain. He had to win this match. He couldn't let the centuries of his captain Virat Kohli and good friend Rohit Sharma go to waste. He couldn't let the Hatrick of Bhuvneshwar Kumar go to waste. He had to finish the match off on a good note. The bowler paced towards him, his eyes were on the ball and boom! Another six! This too went out of the stadium. India now needed 6 runs from 2 balls to win. Can he do it? Of course he can! The baller once again paced towards the captain and he tried to swing his bat to hit the ball but he lost his balance and boom! He fell straight to the ground. The players quickly gathered around to check on him. He screamed in pain.

"Bro are you okay? What happened?" M.S.Dhoni, the experienced man, asked as he examined his leg.

"No idea! I just lost my balance and my legs intertwined with each other. It's damn painful!" He said as he cried in pain.

"You want to go off?" M.S questioned.

"No are you serious? One ball left! I can't! Kar loonga mai!" He replied.

"I know you'll do it! But your leg, what if it's broken?" Dhoni asked with concern.

"MS, I'll be fine. Sticking on the field through pain, I have learnt from you! Don't worry I've got this!" The vice captain said with a smile.

"I trust you!" Dhoni said to him.

"I know you do!" He said with a smirk.

"Chal show the Aussies what we're made of!" Dhoni said with a wink.

"Yes boss!" He said as MS forwarded his hand to help him up. As soon as the other members of team India saw him get up, they started to cheer with the crowd. Their vice captain was up! He struggled to stand on his feet at first but then he saw his family watching on giving him a reassuring smile and he gained all the strength he needed. He got up and slowly walked towards his place. He shut his eyes due to the pain, took a deep breath and prepared himself. He had to hit this! He had to! The nervous baller paced towards him, the ball hit the ground first and then the bat and as expected went flying out of the stadium.

"And that's the winning six! Team India has done it again. Once again the vice captain, Manik Malhotra, has proved why team India is so unique! Congratulations India on the win!!" The commentator said with joy.

M.S.Dhoni hugged him and patted his back.

"Well done champ! Well done!" He said with a big smile.

"Bro that was awesome!!! How's the leg now?" Virat said as he ran onto the field to congratulate the duo.

"Thanks yaar! And leg is painful! I need to get it checked out." He replied.

"Yes you do! I need you to be fit and fine for the success party!" The captain said with a smirk.

"Yes captain!" Manik said with a giggle.

"Manik we have to get your leg checked right now. Your parents are so worried too!" The coach said as he came running towards them.

"Coach I'm okay! Chill!" Manik replied.