Chapter 13 - Hidden secrets!

It was currently 2pm and I was waiting for Manik in the coffee shop. We were supposed to be meeting up earlier but we both got home so late last night that neither of us could wake up early. Hence we decided to meet at 2 instead. After waiting for around 5 minutes, Manik eventually came. He searched around the coffee shop and gave me a big smile as he spotted me in the corner.

"Hey beautiful!" He said as he took a seat opposite me.

"You're late!" I stated.

"I'm 5 minutes late, what's the big deal?" He said casually.

"Of course it's a big deal! In five minutes a lot can be done!" I said as I took a sip of the water.

"Okay chill, I was actually here early but then I got caught up with fans asking for autographs." He explained.

"That's why I chose this corner seat. Many people won't be able to see you from here!" I explained.

"Wise thinking Doctor!" He said as he picked up the menu.

"Wise toh mai hoon!" I said with a smirk.

"Anyways let's order!" He said as he opened the menu.

"Yup!" I said as I grabbed myself a menu too.

We placed our order and our food was soon served.

"So what's the plan?" Manik asked as he took a bite of his pancakes.

"What plan?" I asked as I sipped my coffee.

"Well we need to tell our families that we don't want to marry each other, right? Or have you changed your mind doctor?" Manik said with a smirk. He's such a flirt.

"Of course we do! I've not changed my mind and nothing can change my mind either! Got that? I still have no plans to get married!" I clarified, but I felt as if I was convincing myself that I don't want to get married rather than Manik.

"Okay okay, but I do! So jab tumsai chutkara parega, tab hi toh I can find another girl!" Manik said with a smirk.

"Hawww Manik you want to get rid of me? That's so mean! So after today you won't ever contact me?" I asked sadly. He didn't want to see me after this! But then again, why would he want to see me? We have no reason to stay in contact. We weren't exactly friends.

"Give me one reason Nandini, just one reason to stay and I promise I'll happily stay!" Manik said as he looked in to my eyes.

"What... what do you mean?" I said as I tried to stop myself from getting lost in his beautiful eyes.

"Urm what I mean to say is that give me one reason why I should contact you. We aren't exactly friends. Forget friends, we're always fighting with each other." He said as he broke eye contact and leaned back in his chair.

"Hmmm, I guess you're right. We don't have a reason to stay in touch!" I said quietly.

"Unless we create one!" Manik said with hopeful eyes.

"Food is getting cold, I think we should concentrate on eating our food!" I tried to change the conversation and it worked. Everything was just getting super awkward and that was not what I wanted.

"Yeah, the food!" He said as he started to eat his food again.

The next 10 minutes passed by in complete silence. Neither Manik nor me talked. The awkwardness was really getting to me so I decided to break the ice.