Chapter 12 - Late night conversations!

The ride to the food place was indeed a quite one, but this was not the awkward quiet. It was a comfortable silence. We were both enjoying the peaceful night. We soon pulled the car up near a beach and I looked at Manik in confusion. What were we doing at juhu beach?

"Manik! The beach? Why have you parked here?" I asked curiously.

"Because you get some amazing food here!" He said with a big smile.

"Really?" I said in shock.

"What did you think? I was taking you to some 5 star restaurant?" He said with a giggle.

"No but atleast some thing that was indoors. You do know eating street food is bad for your health!" I stated.

"Nandini can you please stop being a doctor for a few hours and just enjoy this moment! I could've easily taken you to some high end restaurant, but it wouldn't be the same! I'm sure you eat in such 5 star restaurants very often, but honestly tell me when was the last time you ate food from a side street?" He asked me.

"Honestly speaking I can't remember!" I replied honestly. It was true, I hadn't eaten street food in the longest time. I remember as a young girl I used to love it, but ever since I started to study medicine I was put off street food.

"Exactly! Come on, I'm sure you'll love it!" Manik said with a big smile. Food really made him happy!

"But Manik wouldn't that make me a hypocrite?" I questioned.

"A hypocrite? What are you on about?" He asked in confusion.

"Well I tell my family, my friends and my patients to not eat street food, and if I eat it myself then I'd be going against my morals. Right?" I explained.

"I literally just told you to stop being a doctor for a couple of hours but here you are talking like one!" He said as he rolled his eyes.

"Okay fine, sorry! Chalo!" I said as I opened the car door.

"That's more like it!" He said as he too opened his door.

We then got out of the car and walked towards the food stalls. There were a variety of stalls there such as Chinese food stalls, pain puri stalls, pav bhaji stalls, and so much more! There were so many choices and the smell just made me hungrier.

"Manik it all smells so good!" I said with a big smile. I had forgotten how much I loved street food.

"Doesn't it? What would you like to eat?" He asked like a true gentleman.

"Honestly speaking, I don't know! It all smells super yummy! What would you recommend?" I said.

"Well I normally go for the Chinese! Although the idli sambhaar is very nice too! I'm sure you'll like that!" He replied.

"Just because I'm South Indian does not mean I will like Idli Sambhar okay!" I said with a frown.

"That's not what I meant!" Manik said apologetically.

"Hmmmm, mazaak kar rahi thi! By the way I love idli sambhar!" I said with a smile.

"Really?" He questioned.

"Really! But I don't want to eat that right now! I'll have some Chinese rice." I replied.

"Cool! Let's have Chinese then!" He said with a smile as we walked towards the stall. We ordered our food and then sat on the table nearby. Our food arrived in no time and we started to eat straight away. I was super hungry to say the least. I kept praising the food and Manik did nothing but smile at my words. I cannot believe I've been missing out on such yummy food. I need to come here more often! We then had some pain puris and for dessert, it was gulab jamun with ice cream! Once we had eaten, we decided to take a stroll on the beach.