Chapter 10: Erotic Novels

Zhihuan scowls as the memory resurfaces. His pride had been shattered that day. As he sees the departing backs of his maids, his scowl suddenly turns into a smile. Maybe having Changying in his kingdom would not be so bad, especially with him around.

He still had some time to laze around as the food was being prepared. Zhihuan knew he would ultimately have to meet princess Changying one day soon. He was not stupid. She would be staying for a while in his kingdom. However, his plan was to ultimately make her lose face by not coming to greet her on her arrival. But now, his plans were all ruined. Sighing, he grabs a book from his shelf without looking and plops onto his bed.

Bringing his attention to his book, he almost flings the book away from him, his cheeks blazing red.

"Wha-t...What was this book doing here?" Zhihuan's eyes widen as he sees various erotic pics exquisitely drawn on the page.

Once again a bitter memory resurfaces.

***

8 years ago

Little Zhihuan smirks. Somehow his teacher had not got a whim of what had happened at the Garden of Eternal Beauty or what happened to the rare 'The Art of a Thousand Li.' He stands in front of him, reciting the answers that Princess Changying had told him in return for a kiss. He puffs his chest out proudly, waiting in anticipation for the erotic novel he was told he would receive. Sure, this may be considered cheating, but Zhihuan wanted nothing more than to be granted entry into adulthood at the ripe age of 11.

His teacher Zhou Li beams, his long moustache swaying from side to side as he speaks.

"My dear highness, I knew you could do it. I am so proud of you." His eyes sparkle and Zhihuan could not help but feel a little bit guilty. He had never seen his teacher so happy. But erotic novels! He cannot be swayed and admit the truth. Getting a new surge of confidence, he closes his mouth and awaits in anticipation. His teacher looks at him and comes to a realisation.

"Ah, yes, the erotic novel I promised you. I will reward it to you now but remember to keep it a secret or the emperor will surely have my head," he says, winking. Zhou Li disappears and soon returns with a book in his hand. Zhihuan eagerly grabs it and opens the book.

Rows of beautifully illustrated erotic images lay upon the page. Zhihuans face suddenly heats up before suddenly feeling like he was doused in cold water. Wait a second. Upon taking a closer look he realised the pictures were not male and female but male and male!

"Whaa, what is this?" Zhihuan mutters out, wide-eyed to his teacher.

"It is the erotic novel I promised you." Zhou li says, his eyes twinkling.

"But this is... man and man? How is this possible. It should be female and female. I mean man and female!" Zhihuan was so flustered even his words were getting mixed up.

"What do you mean how is it possible. The pictures showcase just how possible it is." Zhou li says with a smirk.

Zhihuan's mouth almost drops to the floor as he frantically turns the pages, taking in images that showcase various erotic positions and what not. There was not a single female and male drawing! He drops the book as he steps back, the images forever burned in his mind.

"Ha ha Ha. You should see the look on your face. You dare lie to me? I do not care if you are the Crown Prince, I am your teacher and you are my pupil and thus you shall be punished. To think a little girl from a neighbouring nation had to tell you the answers. Are you not ashamed? And to think you still shamefully came to me, acting as if you knew the answers all by yourself. Oh and do not even get me started on what you did to that extremely rare book." His teacher guffaws out, a cold glint in his eyes.