Chapter 33: Orange-haired Bastard

4 years ago

"Oi, Yusheng, look what I found," Bohai calls out with a smirk as he comes in with an excited looking Liu Ming. Closing their dorm room shut, he places a bag of unfamiliar items on the table. Yusheng whistles in appreciation as he drops his dagger and gets up from his small bed along with his other dorm mates. 

"So, get anything good to sell this time?"

"Oh you wouldn't believe what those bastards were hiding in their dorms. I'm surprised they were hiding these right under the captain's nose, and more importantly, under ours." Bohai says with a scowl as he starts to take certain objects from within the bag. He was just about to open his mouth when Liu Ming interrupts him by slamming his fist on the table.

"Liu Ming from dorm 3 was hiding peanuts! Peanuts I tell you and they're salted too! The older kids would pay a fortune for this," Liu Ming says as he rubs his hands together, licking his lips. 

Yusheng simply raises his eyebrow and nods as Bohai gives a disapproving look at Liu Ming before he takes another item. 

"And Zuo Ran-" Bohai starts

"And Zuo Ran from Dorm 5 was hiding these mangoes. To think he was trying to pay his interest with a sack of rice. I made him lose a teeth or two and then he willingly gave them up. They're a bit squashed cause Bohai didn't handle them properly but I'm sure we can get a hefty price for these." Liu Ming says as he takes the mangos from Bohai's hands and gives them to Yusheng. Bohai curses under his breath as he stares nervously at Yusheng

Hearing this, Yusheng scowls in annoyance, his eyes flashing. His hand unwinds like a snake before grabbing Bohai by the throat. "I told you to be careful when handling goods. Even the slightest damage will ruin our business with the older students. So how will you make up for the lost money?" Yusheng says in a low growl.

"Yes, yes it was my mistake however I can make it up to you. You won't believe what that orange-haired bastard from dorm 1 was hiding, the one who always has interesting items. He just gave it right up, obviously terrified we would break his jaw," Bohai replies, struggling to talk under Yusheng's tight grasp. 

Slowly Yusheng releases his hand. "Well, what was it?"

Bohai turns to give a menacing glare at Liu Ming before reaching his hand into another bag he had kept hidden. Slowly he takes an item, softly wrapped and still concealed. 

Curious, the boys in the room lean over the table as Bohai begins to unwrap it. A white square-like object greets their eyes and they look at it in confusion.

"What on earth is that?" Liu Ming exclaims as he goes to poke the weird watery substance. Bohai scowls, quickly slapping his hand away. Slowly he begins to speak in a low voice.

"It's the food of the barbarians, the Dai Ke."

Liu Ming gasps and takes a step back while Yusheng raises his eyebrow. 

"You won't find this anywhere in China other than in the black market or in the hands of those barbarians themself. Apparently it's called cheese and you won't believe what its made out of. " Bohai says, grinning mischievously.

"What?" Yusheng asks, slightly intrigued. 

"Apparently... You know the pink thing under cows? They squeeze that with their bare hands to get a strange white liquid which is then used to make this." Bohai says, causing Liu Ming to almost gag.

"What! That sounds absolutely foul. Truly the act of barbarians! Why would anyone want to buy this?" Liu Ming says, taking another step back.

"Despite its ingredients and its look, I hear it is quite delicious. Plus anyone is curious to know what the barbarians food tastes like. It's an extremely rare item that can fetch us a fortune."