Chapter 29: Spitting Petals

Fanghua curses angrily to himself as he heaves the final bucket of hot water into the bath. The bucket clutters against the ground as he launches himself to the floor, out of breath. Fanghua stares up at the ceiling, his dislike for Zhihuan only going stronger. His muscles were on fire, his face sweaty. To think he was stuck in the palace as a maid, filling the crown prince's bath for his birthday. What had he done to deserve such a fate?

Zhihuan looks at Fanghua's body sprawled across the floor. His life at the palace had always been so repetitive, so boring. To think he was finally having some fun. A sudden thought enters his mind, and his smirk grows wider. 

"Get up and come here." Zhihuan's cold voice floats over to Fanghua who wanted to cry out in frustration. What did he want now? Grumbling under his breath, Fanghua heaves himself up from the floor and grudgingly walks towards Zhihuan. 

Fanghua looks up at Zhihuan, his arms crossed as he waits for his next orders. Silence greets them, causing Fanghua to scowl.

"Well?"

"Well, hurry up," Zhihuan replies

"Hurry up with what exactly." Why could this man not give him a direct answer? 

Zhihuan suddenly moves, stretching his arms out.

"Hurry up and undress me." He replies curtly. 

Fanghua's mouth drops open in shock as he tries to form words, his mouth opening and closing like a fish. 

"But you said before you did not need me to help you undress. Why are you suddenly changing your words?"

"Hmm, that's strange. If I recall correctly, I never refused but rather asked if you were stupid. Your duty then was to fill the bath. If you had undressed me then, I would have been standing naked for a very long time, what with the pace you took to fill the bath. I guess you would have liked that though, your a female after all." Zhihuan replies as he stares down at Fanghua whose expression was getting more flabbergasted with each word he said. 

"L-liked?" Fanghua splutters out in shock. "You must be absolutely crazy to say such a thing. Take that back before I, I puke! Want to see you naked? Hah, I would rather gouge my eyes out." Fanghua yells, pointing to his eyes. Zhihuan stiffens as he hears Fanghua's words. Throughout his life he had been praised on his good looks, both from females and males. To hear that someone would puke and gouge his eyes out as a reaction to seeing his body. His eyes narrow as he makes his way towards Fanghua. 

Fanghua sees this look and wanted to vanish that very second. He had done it again. His stupid, blabbermouth.

"I'm sorry. Please. I take it back." Fanghua cries out as he places his hands out in front, pleading for forgiveness.  He squeezes his eyes shut, his arms stretched out in front of him as a means of protection.

A few seconds go by and Fanghua hears the sound of water splashing. Slowly opening his eyes and turning around, Fanghua's eyes widen. The Crown Prince had already undressed and entered the bath, already waist-deep in the murky scented water. 

Fanghua quickly turns around before he could get a clear look, breathing a sigh of relief. Thank Pangu he did not have to undress a man on his 19th birthday too. 

"Hurry up and place the rose petals into the water and then start massaging my back," Zhihuan calls over. Fanghua this time around did not say anything, worried he might get killed or worse, and went over to the basket of rose petals. Squinting his eyes so he could barely see, he makes his way to the edge of the bath before he begins to throw the rose petals into the fragrant water. 

Zhihuan observes him, his lips slightly turning upward to form a smile before it was gone, as if it was never there in the first place. Making his way around, Fanghua breathes inwardly. You can do this Fanghua. It is just a massage. For a man. An asshole really. Who also happens to be the Crown Prince.