Chapter 32: To Believe or Not to Believe

Kuo laughs, before gesturing at Yusheng. "That so-called friend of yours despises you. Can't you see that just a mere touch from you makes him so uncomfortable that his body becomes covered in goosebumps?"

Liwei's eyes widen before they turn to look at Yusheng who was suddenly displaying the most stupefied expression one could muster. Yusheng's mouth opens and closes as he tries to form a word as he stares at the little scoundrel he had picked up today. Was he hearing things right? Did he just tell the man he liked that he despised him and hated his touch?! During his whole life, Yusheng had never felt so horrified. Just what on earth was this kid saying! 

However, after thinking about it Yusheng begins to laugh to himself. He had known Liwei for almost 2 years now. Theirs no way he would believe the words of a random stranger over their friendship. Yusheng turns to look at Liwei, laughing to himself before it slowly dies away. Liwei was looking back at him with wide eyes. Yusheng feels his heart miss a beat. What kind of expression was that? He could not possibly think those words were true did he? 

As soon as those words were uttered, Liwei could not believe his ears. He had dismissed it in a second until a rush of memories and thoughts suddenly entered his head. He recalls that compared to all their other soldiers, Yusheng was always more quiet and distant with him.

He would always talk loudly and joke with the others but with him, he would hardly look at his face. At first he had just assumed Yusheng might be shy or that was his personality, but now that he thought about it, there was a stark contrast to how their relationship was compared to others!

Yusheng's eyebrows narrow as he takes a step forward, reaching out with his hand.

"Hey-," He had begun to say, only to freeze when Liwei takes a step back, his mouth slightly parting. Liwei looks back at him with a questioning look as he tries to read Yusheng's gaze. Did he really hate him all this time? Was everything he had thought about Yusheng, all just a lie?

"LiWei, don't tell me you-" Yusheng starts to say, only to get interrupted by Liwei.

"Sorry, but we are in a rush. Let's go princess." Li Wei says before turning on his feet and walking away, almost dropping the basket again but catching it in time. The princess follows behind him with an eyebrow slightly raised as she gives a final look towards Kuo before turning around. 

A few seconds go by as Kuo and Yusheng watch their departing backs."Now that wasn't so hard now was it? Stop forcing yourself to be around him if you dislike him," Kuo says as he reaches for the satchel of alcohol in Yusheng's hand. However just as he was about to reach it, Yusheng squeezes it tightly within his fist, the alcohol shooting out and spraying all over Kuo's hand.

"Hey, what was that for ?!" Kuo protests as he wipes his sleeve.
Yusheng felt like he was about to combust. His blood felt incredibly hot as if it were on fire. He was just about to turn around and yell at Kuo when he sees someone running towards their direction. Squinting his eyes, he sees the familiar brown skin and green eyes. Why it was none other then Aarush. However, upon closer look, a bad feeling came over him as he looked at Aarush's expression.

Aarush sprints towards them before suddenly dropping down, covering his head with his hands and knees. Before he hides his head, Yusheng sees tears streaming down the boy's face, his body visibly shaking. Not a word was said as Aarush continues to silently cry. Kuo steps back, confused and unsure of what to do. Shoving the alcohol satchel towards Kuo, Yusheng crouches down so he was on the same level as Aarush.

Yusheng looked calm but internally he was very distraught. He had fought beside Aarush before. Aarush was someone he had known for many years. He was a skilled and fascinating fighter, one of the bravest people he knew. However, he had also heard that, though not often, Aarush would undergo a split personality.  He had never believed it until now, seeing the ferocious and sarcastic boy break down and look so vulnerable.