Chapter 22: Bad Prince vs Good Prince

Zhihuan looks at the eager maid beside him from the corner of his eye.  He was eying the food with sparkles in his eye as his stomach grumbles loudly. Zhihuan laughs evilly to himself, not losing the chance to mess with him even more. 

"Eat," Zhihuan commands, gesturing with his hands to a pair of chopsticks. He sees the bewildered look on his maid's face and stifles a laugh. What was wrong with him. He hardly ever laughed.

"Are you sure I can eat this?" Fanghua asks, his eyes sparkling with happiness. Fanghua was already licking his lips, thinking about stuffing all the various dishes into his hungry self. Zhihuan sees this and could not help the sudden thought that entered his head. What an adorable expression.

Gah! Just what on earth was he thinking. This is not a woman but a male, a male! And don't forget what he has done to you. Destroyed his precious chocolates. Slapped him. Tried to drug him. Kicked him in his royal jewels!

Oh and of course setting his own soldiers after him with that deceptive face of his. Him, the Crown Prince had to throw balls of sloppy dung with his own two hands! His own two hands!! Argh. Just what side of him was cute in any way?!

And just like that Zhihuans previous mood had vanished, replaced by a fit of burning anger. Trying to mess with him? Then he shall pay it back 1000 fold.

"Of course. As a maid, it is only normal to uphold your duty and eat a bite of every dish and see if there is any poison," Zhihuan says smirking, his words ringing loud and clear to Fanghua.

Fanghua felt as if he had suddenly been doused with cold water. P-p-poison?!? He suddenly looks at the dishes where just a moment ago he wanted nothing more than to devour them. Now he wanted nothing more than to run in the opposite direction.

"Y-you can't be serious," Fanghua asks, wide-eyed with shock.

"Hmm? Just a moment ago you seemed so eager to eat? Why the sudden change?" Zhihuan asks, raising an eyebrow as he smirks.

Fanghua sees the Crown Prince smirking and suddenly wanted to let out a series of curse words. This buffoon! He took everything he had said about the Crown Prince back for the second time that day. Not to bad?! Not to bad his arse. This was his plan all along.

"I have only been a maid for one day. I know nothing about the method of detecting poison," Fanghua says, trying to get out of it. Fanghua was being honest however, he knew nothing about detecting poison.

Zhihuan then turns to directly look at Fanghua with a strange expression on his face.

"What do you mean when you say method, there is no method," Zhihuan says, trying to hold back a sadistic smile.

Fanghua then narrows his eyebrows, a foreboding feeling suddely coming to him. "What do you mean theres no method? How will one be able to tell there is poison then?" Fanghua asks, genuinely confused.

"By simply eating it. I shall know there is poison when you eat it and die," Zhihuan says blankly, not a single expression on his face.

Fanghua almost spat blood then and there. D-die!? Was this man crazy? Seeing his horrified expression, Zhihuan wanted nothing more than to let out a chuckle.

"Why on earth would I go and test poison for you, especially when there's a chance that I could die!" Fanghua glares out, now moving in front of the table and crouching so he was opposite Zhihuan. They were now eye level with each other, facing one another directly.

"Because you are my maid and that's what those who serve the Crown Prince do. Their lives are nothing in the face of the Crown Prince. You should be honoured that with your death, you protected the Crown Prince from following your unfortunate path." Zhihuan says coldly, staring right back at Fanghua's ruby red eyes.