Chapter 15: Wingman Lan Min

"Aarush, take this girl and lock her up." The Empress says, gesturing towards Bai Hee. Bai Hee chokes back sobs as Aarush drags her out. As she gets dragged out she makes eye contact with Yu Yan who was watching her. That bitch. She was the one who told her to do all this but why was she the one getting punished. Before she could even speak she was taken out of the chambers, her sobs and screams echoing loudly before finally disappearing. 

"Now, with all that sorted out. Time for some entertainment. Crown Prince's eunuch, enter." The Empress calls out loudly so that those outsides could hear. Lan Min quickly jumps up alarmed, before fixing his headpiece. Already forgetting the strange headaches he was getting from before, he enters. 

"Eunuch, I remember you spoke of something rather interesting today. Care to tell us what it is?" The Empress says with somewhat of a sinister smile.

Lan Min looks towards Zhihuan and his eyes light up brightly, a big grin on his face. The moment they made eye contact, Zhihuan felt an array of goose bumps appear on his arm. Why was he smiling like that? 

Lan Min smiles as he thinks how a few days ago he was alarmed by a strange sound in the Crown Princes chambers. Only to be told he was practicing some dance moves to impress the princess and had stumbled.

Zhihuan must have practiced hard to improve his relationship with the Princess by creating an astounding dance. To think he even fell about, just to perfect it. Lan Min internally cries happy tears. He has grown so much. Do not worry my crown prince, Lan Min will be your wingman and will not let such an opportunity pass after you practiced so hard. 

Bowing his head he faces Princess Changying's direction. "Our Crown Prince has practiced very hard to create a special dance for you. I hope you will appreciate his efforts." Lan Min says with a smile. Zhihuan almost spat blood then and there. What was this stupid Lan Min saying? Dancing? and for Princess Changying as well? He would rather die. Princess Changying suddenly sits up, raising her eyebrows.

"What are you talking about Lan Min? I do not recall such a thing." Zhihuan spits out slowly, trying to remain calm.

"There there, no need to be embarrassed my highness. I know just how hard you tried, even falling over in your chambers in the effort to learn. Just show her, theirs no need to be shy after everything you've gone through," Lan Min says, his smile growing bigger. 

Zhihuan's nostrils slightly flared. He was furious. It all clicked into place now. All cause of that darn pillow he had tripped over in his efforts to escape. Now he was in this predicament! Lan Mins intentions may be good but Zhihuan wanted nothing more than to strangle him for his idiocy. 

"My, My I am deeply flattered crown prince. I am beyond excited to see the dance you have prepared for me." Changying replies with a slight smirk that was slowly growing bigger the more she looked at Zhihuan's expression. 

What to do? He had already dug his own hole. Or rather, Lan Min had made it bottomless. He could not just refuse unless he wanted to lose some more face and seem 'shy' and 'embarrassed,' things he was most definitely not.

Flashing an extremely furious glare at Lan Min, he gets up. Looking around he sees the elated expression of Fanghua who was still happy with how Zen had got him out of that mess. Seeing his happy expression only infuriated Zhihuan more before a sudden idea came to him, causing him to smile. Perhaps this dance was not a bad idea after all.

"I will need some time to prepare, especially with the costumes and all. Please don't mind me and enjoy yourselves. And you, maid, follow me. I require your assistance." Zhihuan calls out, startling Fanghua out of his thoughts. Wait what. Did he just call him to come with that bastard prince? No, no no. Do not panic and follow him calmly. They soon exit out of the room and begin walking.