Chapter 14: No, I want her

"Wait!" Zen's shrill voice rings out, gaining the attention of everybody. Zhihuan and his mother were flabbergasted. To think such a weak and shy fellow was able to raise his voice like that. Changying observes her brother and frowns. Just what was he up to now. 

"What seems to be the matter?" The Empress asks startled, forgetting what was happening for a moment. 

"Sh- She's innocent so plea-please don't hurt her," Zen says, once again going to his stuttering phase as he notices all the eyes on him. Zhihuan also frowns. On what basis was Zen claiming her to be innocent. Him! Not her, goddamit. Don't forget that no matter how feminine he looked, he was a male. But there's absolutely no way they could be acquainted right? 

"What do you mean?" The Empress says, commanding Aarush to halt. Fanghua suddenly smiles. Zen! Of course. He had personally given him the flowers so there was absolutely no way that he could have stolen from the Empress. It took him forever to find this place, just how on earth would he have known where the Empress quarters were in the first place. 

Aarush loosens his grip on Fanghua ever so slightly. Now that he looked closer, was this not the extremely beautiful lady that Zhihuan commanded him to capture at the stream. Why was she now a maid, being accused of thievery? 

"There is no way this maid has stolen from your garden, your majesty," Zen says, looking at the ground. Bai Hee frowns, a few beads of sweat starting to form. Just what did this prince know? 

"Hmm is that so? And why do you say that?" The Empress says, slightly agitated that someone was questioning her orders. 

"There is no way she could have stolen these flowers because Zen is the one who gave her these Ozia flowers," Zen says, finally looking up to meet the gaze of his audience. Zhihuan almost chokes on his own spit.

That crossdresser had only been here conscious and moving around for less than a full day and he had somehow already been acquainted with the 3rd prince of the Wei empire. His eyes flash as he looks at Fanghua pushed up against the floor. How he would love to be the one to make him grovel like that. He had underestimated his snake-like charms. 

Bai Hee, on the other hand, had turned a slight shade of green. Yu Yan's smile disappears, replaced by an ugly scowl. That slut Fanghua. To think she had already seduced the third prince while she was out. She had underestimated her. 

"It seems Fanghua was indeed tricked. Zen came upon her before coming here, that is why Zen was late. She was confused and lost, asking about an Ozia flower which she had clearly not heard of before. This maid had also told me that the other maids had ordered her to go get them but had not bothered to tell her where to find them or how they looked like."

"As the Ozia flowers originate from the Wei empire, my empire, I thought it would only be right if I gave her some which I had brought along with me, especially because she helped me," Zen says, his nervousness slightly dissipating. Everyone was so focused on what he was saying that no one except Changying noticed his sudden change from his illeism third person talk to first person. 

Fanghua holds in his laughter as he observes the cool marble floor before him. Yes, that's it Zen. Tell them all! 

"Aarush, you may release her." The Empress commands before shifting her gaze towards Bai Hee. In a second she was replacing Fanghua on the floor, unable to move a  single mm from the sheer strength of Aarush. Zen and Changying suddenly look towards Aarush and his movements, raising their eyebrows. 

"Please have mercy. Lies, it is all lies. I am innocent." Bai Hee screeches.

"You dare accuse the 3rd Prince of the Wei kingdom as lying? Who do you think you are." The Empress snaps, causing Bai Hee to swallow whatever she was just about to say. Fanghua's smile freezes. Zen was the third Prince of the Wei empire? What on Pangu!?