Chapter 31: Jealousy or Anger

Yusheng grumbles to himself as he thinks of that crazy maid who had tackled him earlier. Just what was he thinking, telling her personally he was gay to escape her seduction. It had come to hit him back in the face tenfold. And to think the darn maid knew who he was interested in! Could this get any worse? Ever since he met her, each meeting of theirs had been absolute hell.

Yusheng suddenly stops, recalling something. Aha! He had almost forgotten. Their deal! For giving her some darn sticky rice bowl she had kept insisting the Crown Prince needed, she had promised to give him advice on how to win Liwei's heart. But what exactly had she been doing? Blackmailing him instead with his name! The more he thought of it, the more Yusheng got angrier. 

Kuo looks up at Yusheng beside him who seemed to be seething with rage. When he first saw him earlier today, he was fierce and striking. However, now he was extremely frustrated after exchanging a few words with the maid earlier. 

"Whose this Liwei? You've been in a bad mood ever since the maid earlier mentioned his name." Kuo voices his thoughts aloud, recalling the name. Yusheng stiffens before scowling and turning to look at the servant boy he had picked up.

"Forget anything she said. She's an absolute madwoman is what she is. As I said before, she's a scheming brat. Two of the same kind should not mix." Yusheng growls out as he points down at him recalling how 3 boys had almost died trying to get a piece of hair from Agate due to this boy's interest schemes. He needed to be taught a thorough lesson. Kuo steps back from his gaze, regretting that he had added liquor to the raging fire. 

They soon arrive at the stables and Kuo cocks his head confused. Just what were they doing here. Yusheng disappears for a moment before coming back with a shovel. He then hands it to Kuo, his mouth in a line 

"Go on now, you better get started now if you want to finish on time." Yusheng says as he looks up at the shining sun. Kuo's eyebrows narrow as he gets a bad feeling.

"Finish what exactly on time?" Kuo says as he struggles to lift the heavy shovel that was almost the size of him. 

"Start shoveling the horse manure. Hurry on now. No breaks until I say so." Yusheng says as he takes a seat on the floor, taking a swig out of the alcohol bottle he had snatched from Kuo's collection. 

Not hearing a single response, Yusheng looks up, only to see the boy had already taken the shovel and had begun shoveling the nearest horses manure. Dammit. He was hoping for some kind of protest, yelling, denial or something from the serious boy.

Yusheng continues to observe the boy before his expression slightly changes, taking another swig of alcohol. Three hours pass by just like that and Yusheng trains his eyes on the skinny boy. His arms were aching, he could tell. Sweat pools down the boy's forehead as he grits his teeth, bearing through the pain as he continues to shovel.

He himself was still 19 years old, almost 20. Yet this boy who was most likely only around 16 years old had a very clever mind. If not taught properly, he could easily fall down the wrong path. Kuo was filled with hate and he needed to fix that fast. Yusheng's eyes suddenly sadden, seeing his previous self in Kuo. Lucky he was the one who had found them.

If it were anyone else, they would have been executed. He suddenly brings his hands to his lips, a strange whistle filling the air. Suddenly a soldier clad in black appears next to him. Yusheng whispers a few words and the soldier nods before disappearing in a flash. 

Kuo's muscles were on fire, but he ignores the pain. He would prove it to that darn soldier he was not just a weak servant boy with no future. He would claw his way out of here if he had too. A single punishment like this would not weigh him down. He would not allow it. Just when he felt his arms were about to fall off, he suddenly hears someone calling his name.