Chapter 18: Crown Prince Lan Min!?

"You. You!" Zhihuan scowls as he stomps towards Fanghua, his sleeves fluttering from his hand movements. 

"Me. Me?" Fanghua says, shrinking back. 

"You, what exactly have you gone and done?" Zhihuan says in a deathly cold voice as he stares down at Fanghua.

"I uhh, danced as you told me to?" Fanghua says, wondering just what on earth had happened to make it seem like the Crown Prince had a stick up his butt. 

"You, you danced like your some master at dancing. I am not that talented!" Zhihuan spits out, angry that he had to degrade himself like that. 

"But you told me to not embarrass you so I didn't and danced," Fanghua says, even more confused. 

"I told you not to embarrass me, that is correct. However, I did not tell you to go and dance like you do this for a living." Zhihuan glowers, his eyebrows furrowing. 

"Oh so you don't want me to embarrass you but you do not wish for me to dance well either. You're just like a little girl picking a ribbon, so indecisive." Fanghua finally snaps, getting angry. He was tired and hungry.

Not only had he become a maid, he was almost eaten alive by the Empress and now his efforts in dancing had backfired on him. Zhihuan who was just about to retort, drops his mouth open in shock for the second time that day.

A- a little girl?! Did this person just call him a little girl?! Preposterous. In all his life, no one has ever degraded him, the crown prince like that. Did he not feel fear? Fanghua quickly realising what he had just said, shuts his mouth immediately.

He winces as he suddenly bites his tongue in the process, flinging his arms out as a reflex to the pain. His fist connects with Zhihuan's abdomen, causing the martial arts genius Zhihuan to fall to his knees, breathless. Oh. My. Pangu. Fanghua see's his life suddenly flashed before his eyes. He had just punched the Crown Prince in the gut! 

Fanghua also falls to his knees, awkwardly touching Zhihuan's stomach, trying to ease the pain. What to do, what to do. He did not want to die. "Enough." Zhihuan snaps, slapping Fanghua's hand away. Fanghua gulps. If he was furious before, then now he was the demon of wrath himself. 

Zhihuan turns his head to the side, his cheeks slightly turning red. How utterly shameful. To think such a weak and delicate hand caused him to be breathless like this. His pride as an expert martial artist was shattered! 

"Follow me," Zhihuan commands before turning around and walking out of the room. No. No. No. Fanghua who assumed he was being taken to be killed could only shake his head in horror as he follows the Crown Prince. He can't die here. He still had so many things to do, so many things to achieve. 

Fanghua who was so occupied with the belief he was about to die, only took in his surroundings when Zhihuan utters out the words, "leave us." A dozen maids and eunuchs suddenly depart, leaving the two alone before two large doors. Oh Pangu, the Crown Prince really was going to kill him whilst they were alone." 

"Wait here. If you even dare leave these quarters, my guards outside won't hesitate to kill you." Zhihuan says, not even glancing at Fanghua before entering through the majestic looking doors and disappearing. 

In the meantime, Lan Min was currently having a strange yet heart-warming dream. He could see himself, only about 7 years old, running in the fields without a worry.

The grass was long and luscious as he hides within the long reeds, muffling his mouth so not a sound could escape. '-----," a voice calls out, unidentifiable. "-----, where are you? I truly cannot find you." Each time the person said that certain word, Lan Min's head throbbed, unable to identify the word.