Chapter 26: Magic Touch

"Are you certain about this?" Zhihuan ponders, his eyebrows slightly narrowing.

"Yes, your highness. I saw Prince Zen sharing his biscuits with the maid yesterday night." Lan Min says as he helps dress Zhihuan in his robes.

"And?"

"And what?"

"You slow fool! Give me more details. What else happened? How was she reacting?" Zhihuan growls out as Lan Min hurriedly ties the sash around Zhihuan's waist.

"Ahh, well she ate the biscuits. She seemed very happy and ahh, was complaining about how she had not eaten a single proper meal the whole day." Lan Min winces out, his voice slowly getting quieter as his sentence progressed.

"He what! That ungrateful brat. Even after I so kindly let her try some of my food. The Crown Prince's food at that!" Zhihuan seethes, causing Lan Min to jump and miss the slight slip up Zhihuan had made with the genders.

"Well, did you catch anything suspicious?" Zhihuan asks, calming down his displeasure.

"Ahh yes, there was something quite strange. I made sure to conceal my presence and noticed something particular. As I was watching, Zen looked up and made a strange expression. I quickly hurried out of there, alarmed that he had somehow caught sight of my presence despite being a fool with no talent.

As I was leaving I saw his sister, Princess Changying, watching them two. It was too dark to make out her expression but your highness ahhh, I almost had a heart attack when I saw her staring at them two amongst the thick bush at night. It was like I had seen a ghost! I will never forget such an image." Lan Min wails, clutching his heart.

Zhihuan breathes out in frustration as he takes a seat on his bed. "Lan Min. Just what happened to that brave and seemingly intelligent boy I had found beneath the waterfall."

Lan Min struggles to think of an answer. He had always heard how he had seemingly rescued the Crown Prince from drowning many years ago. He was found with many wounds and scars, along with an arrow stuck deeply into his chest. Yet no matter what he tried, he could never remember.

He could not remember his true name, his past or even saving the Crown Prince. The only thing he could remember was waking up in pain and seeing a worried boy looking down at him. Lan Min looks up and sees a handsome face looking back at him with an unreadable expression on his face. How that boy had grown.

"Remember Lan Min. If even the slightest memory resurfaces, you must come and tell me quickly. You saved my life and I will try my best to repay that debt for the rest of my life."

"Even if I am a fool and annoy you every day, your highness?" Lan Min says with a slight smile. Zhihuan looks up at him before letting out a rare grin. "Yes, even if you are a fool and annoy me every day for the rest of my life."

Zhihuan suddenly springs to his feet before walking up to Lan Min whose smile suddenly disappears. Zhihuan's grin was now gone, replaced with a displeased scowl. "What?!" Lan Min says, backing up slowly as Zhihuan comes closer and closer. Lan Min's back suddenly hits the wall, sealing his escape. With no place to go, he squeezes his eyes shut, balling his hands into fists as he tries to protect himself.

Zhihuan reaches out, peeling the skin mask off Lan Min to reveal the beautiful one beneath. Lan Min's eyes fly open, feeling a sense of relief as his true skin was finally able to breathe freely. Suddenly Zhihuan grabs Lan Mins head and shoves it under his arm, pulling his head into a headlock. Lan Min wails, struggling to get out of his grasp.

"Just what did I say about wearing that ugly and plain face mask as well as addressing me as your highness when we are alone. When we are alone, I do not need such formalities. I have known you for a very long time and you are my saviour. Not a mere servant."