Chapter 20: Secret love affair?!

Kai Fanghua stares at the retreating back of the Crown Prince and grumbles. Few minutes pass by and he starts to pace around, his fear going and turning to boredom.

Glancing around, all he sees is a long corridor, empty except for the magnificent paintings and scrolls hanging on the walls. Now that he looked properly, this did not seem like a place someone would want to kill someone.

Just taking a look at one painting alone, Fanghua could tell from his vast knowledge that it was extremely expensive. One would not want to spill his blood on one of these, would they?

Fanghua knew he was the Crown Prince, meaning he was extremely wealthy. But he would not really waste priceless paintings, right? Why, is this not the brushwork of the famous Gong Zhou Li?

His paintings are extremely rare and famous, only 5 having been found in history. Fanghua stares in wonder as he looks up to see a beautiful ink painting of mountains and trees, surrounded by water and the early morning fog.

 Fanghua stares in wonder as he looks up to see a beautiful ink painting of mountains and trees, surrounded by water and the early morning fog

It was hanged up high up on the wall, causing Fanghua to scowl in annoyance. If one is going to put up a painting, then you might as well put it where someone can see it. Fanghua stands up on his tippy toes, trying to catch a glimpse of the sacred painting.

Suddenly, Fanghuas ankle gives way and he topples back, his arms swaying, trying to grasp something. As he falls, he hears the unmistakable sound of ripping and that was the second time that day, Fanghua felt his life flash before his eyes. Fanghua falls onto his bottom as he quickly looks up horrified.

There unmistakably, was the famous artwork of Gong Zhou Li, an artwork that was most likely 300 years old, with a gaping large tear in it. It was not completely ripped, but it was ripped enough that a large portion of it was hanging downwards.

Oh. My. Pangu. Fanghua bolts onto his feet as he stares at the mess he had just created with wide eyes. What to do, what to do. Fanghua cursed the existence of his arms then and there. He seemed to be getting into all sorts of troubles because of these hands of his.

Think brain, think. A sudden idea comes to him and he does exactly what the Crown Prince told him not to do. And that was to leave the chambers. He quickly reaches outside and sees two guards standing there, weapons ready. They were wearing all black, their hanfu gone and replaced with a soldiers outfit that consisted of trousers tucked into their boots.

"Quick, bring the stickiest rice the chef has available and hurry back." Fanghua urgently demands to the guards. The guards look at Fanghua eyebrows raised before looking at each other, not moving a single step.

After all, in the eyes of the guards, he was merely a maid and a maid should only give orders to other maids. Yet as the Crown Prince had ordered them to leave, they were nowhere to be seen.

The guards this time were not wearing masks like Fanghua remembered last time when she tried to seduce her way out. They both had quite handsome features with well-built bodies that were sharpened from their vigorous training.