Bonanza!

For the next week I am going to be at my grandmother’s house to watch my 86 year old great aunt because doctors tell she shouldn’t stand in front of a stove and she tends to fall asleep at the drop of a hat. I will have to cook for her and you know, make sure she doesn’t die. The only problem I really have with staying all week is the fact that I won’t have any Internet. Yes, I may possible have an Internet addiction, but it’s not that bad.

Day One:

I don’t think this will be so bad. She doesn’t like to think of herself as an old woman. But she is kinda like a little kid. She watches soap operas and Disney. If you are unaware I hate Disney.

Day Two:

I don’t eat breakfast and having to cook it doesn’t make me want to eat it either, but this woman pretty refuses to eat unless I do. Nagging me to death. I told her I don’t like cereal and she reacted as if I told her I had bodies in the freeze. They had Kids Jeopardy on this week, I answer most of those question Cause I’m a Genius! (that tried to put an ‘o’ in genius).  

Day Three:

Daytime TV F*ing sucks, I hardly actually watch TV so it has never been this clear to me before. This lady won’t just sit down. I hate washing dishes and clean up, but being here I have no choice and she won’t just let me do it. I was about to take the trash out, but when I went to get my shoes, she was already out the door with it and refused to give it to me.

Day Four:

She is like a child that doesn’t have to listen to me, but I still have to find a way to get her to do want she needs to do. I had to work today so my brothers looked after her while I was gone. Amber aka “Awesome A” tried to spoil the new chapter of Bleach for me, chapter 502, she called me just to tell me what happened to Buyakuya. Without the Internet I can’t read any manga that I keep with. When I came back to the house my brothers had eaten my pop tarts, I’m sure there are pop tarts at our own house.

Day Five:

My phone dies and I don’t have the charger, it officially feels like I fell off the face of the planet. I am experiencing an extreme boredom and I don’t feel comfortable here. I either have to sleep on the couch or in my grandmother’s bed, I’ve been going with the couch. I find that when I am extreme bored I eat in an attempt to cure my boredom.

Day Six:

She through a fit about not being able to see my grandmother in the hospital. Told us she was going to take a cab there if we didn’t. I couldn’t take her because I don’t have my car and I’m not insured to drive my grandmother’s car. If I did drive it, I would most likely get in an accident because I have that kind of luck. We ended up going when my parents came. While we were at the hospital they started old people talk, asking when I’m going to get married. My dad first married when he was about 19 or 20. He married my mom when he 23, my mom was 19. They were 25 and 21 when I was born, they have almost doubled in age. They keep asking me when I start school and if I have any summer reading, like the answer may change.

Day Seven:

She complains about not going to church. I couldn’t take here even if I wanted to, it’s the same reason why I couldn’t take her to the hospital. Besides the fact I couldn’t drive the church they go to is an hour and a half away in the country, I didn’t have any clothes for church, it starts at 8/ 8:30am meaning I would have to get up at about 5 to make sure we get there on time, and I really didn’t want to go.  I also had to work later.

Day Eight:

 I slept all day. I only got up to cook.

Day Nine:

I made cupcakes, cookies, and Cheerio “rice crispy” treats, out of pure boredom. I didn’t have Rice Crispy cereal, doing the best with what I had. Every cupcake was a different color and so was the icing. I haven’t eaten one and I don’t think I will. I sleep most of today too.

Day Ten:

August, the deadliest time of the year. School is starting, for some sooner than later.

Tax free weekend is your first reminder that the end is near. It’s a time I hate not only because it marks the end, but I also have to go shopping with my mom.

I was saved, but shopping is it’s own hell. I did get to read both the manga for Bleach and Fairy Tail on my mom’s phone. I found out what happen in chapter 502 and I’m not happy about it. How could Kubo Tite do that?

Some of you might have ignored my dorky rambles and be wondering why, at the age of 20, am I still going shopping with my mother. Because she pays for it. To some that might sound like I’m bumming on my parents. But in my defense, this woman, my mother said that when she gets older she is going to be living with me, no matter what state I’m in. She says and I quote (I can quote it word for word because she says it so often) “Make sure you tell your future wife or husband if you like that. I’ll still love you. Make sure you tell them because I don’t need anyone being shocked asking ‘Brooklyn, what the hell is she talking about?’ I’m going to have a key.”

 Yeah, my mom is crazy, but she has been saying stuff like that since I was 15 or 16. But she bought me clothes and converse. Converse are awesome shoes!

On the way back to my grandmother’s house my mom told me I would have to stay maybe another week or two. I nearly died. My family has pretty much ruined the last two months of my summer.

Day Eleven:

People keep calling asking about my grandmother. It’s too early in the morning to be calling and they can’t hear anything that you’re saying. I stared at the TV for most of the day.

Day Twelve:

Wallmart to buy food. Meaning I had to stay longer.

Day Thirteen:

I’m hating the world right now. My sister called telling me that my friends came looking for me. They won’t come over  here because my grandmother live in a “bad neighborhood” and don’t want to get lost over here. I’m stuck here, there is just no love.

Day Fourteen:

I’m told that I will be freed soon, but only to be imprisoned again.

Day Fifteen:

Jerry Springer, that show is just something else and at 4 in the morning it is the funniest thing in the world. Tonight they had prostitutes and pimps on and all of them had kids. Two of them were related and one was pregnant. Now, I understand how prostitution works, but how in the world does the pimp make their way into the equation. Getting 1 or more women to give them money for doing nothing, while they risk their health and lives.

Day Sixteen:

Today is the day that I am meant to be set free. I am watching the clock waiting to be saved. I saw a commercial that made me bust out in hysterically laughter, it was really funny, but I think I may have gone a bit crazy. It is 7:30 am and reinforcements have finally arrived, but I still have to wait to leave. This woman is getting on my last nerves, she keeps telling me to cook breakfast even though everyone is saying that they didn’t want to eat that early. And her herself was saying that she wasn’t hungry. But continued saying things like, “It really is strange about us sitting around here and there not being any breakfast.”  I left the room to go to sleep when the started watching Bonanza, hours later I was rescued and returned home.

I’ve worked everyday since I got back and this morning they tell me I have to back again to serve some more time! They are really trying to kill me. I have a lot of stuff backed up that I need to post, but it looks like its going to have to wait.