Chapter 3

Charlotte sighed as she sat up from bed and looked around her room. Jason was nowhere to be found at that moment. She didn't know where he had gone. She looked around frantically, biting her lip slightly as she scooted to the edge of her bed. She tried to reach out for her wheelchair but she was a few feet too short from getting to it. Although she knew she could try, she knew there were also cons to this decision. She went ahead and tried to get to it, but fell onto the cold hard ground, holding her side as she cried out in pain. Her vision went back as her eyes rolled back and she began seizing suddenly.

Jason was in the shower when this happened so he only heard the cry and thought maybe his sister was watching a movie. He thought about it for a second until he heard his name being called. He quickly turned the shower off and reached for his towel, wrapping it around his waist and rushing out of the bathroom to his sisters room. He saw her on the ground and rushed to her, holding her head still as he watched her have yet another seizure. He sighed in relief as he witnessed the seizure calming down. "It's okay Char, I've got you." He whispered as he gently picked her up in his arms and set her down on the bed. "It's alright. I'll give you some medicine." He said as he went to one of the drawers beside her bed, grabbing a syringe and the liquid medicine. He got ten millilitres into the syringe and opened her tube, gently pushing
the medicine through the tube. "Just relax." He said as he put the syringe down when it was empty, slowly sitting down beside her on the bed.

Charlotte focused on calming her breathing, slowly regaining consciousness, but extremely confused. She tried to sit up, but her brother pushed her back down. "You need to relax, Char. You just had a Grand Mal. You need to rest, I gave you your meds which calmed it down." He paused, "I was really worried about you. I heard you calling my name when I was on the shower, so I got my towel and rushed in here." Charlotte was silent, nodding as he spoke. He then continued. "I hate when we forget to put your night meds in before you sleep..." He sighed, "I'm just glad you're okay... would it be okay for me to go get dressed and come back?" Charlotte nodded in reply. He nodded his head and kissed her forehead before slowly getting up and heading to his room to get dressed. He dressed into some old gym shorts and a casual white t-shirt with a pocket on the top left.

When he returned, he smiled as he saw his sister reading the book he had got her from the library. "I guess that means you definitely liked the book I got you." Charlotte smiled as she looked up at him. "Yeah I really like it, I think there's more
than just the one book in the series." He nodded, "I'm sure there's more than one, so if you finish it before morning, I can take it back and get another book." With that, he turned when he heard the garage opening, "I think Dad's home. If anything is wrong, press the button and I'll come right back." Charlotte nodded.

Jason went down to the kitchen and smiled when he saw his six foot, brown haired, with round glasses and a suit and tie. "Hey Dad, how was work?" His father smiled and responded as he took his white doctors coat off and folded it over the chair by the counter as well as his briefcase. "It wasn't bad, but there were a few peds cases that were definitely interesting." He sat down on the leather chair in the living room and smiled, watching as his father did the same.
"I hope none of them were seriously injured... I know there was an accident by the elementary school." He frowned and remembered watching the news when Charlotte was asleep. His father nodded and gave his son a faint smile, "How's Charlotte feeling today?" His father asked.

Jason sighed, "Well this morning she was feeling nauseous, but it wasn't too bad and it went away with some medicine. Then when I was in the shower, she went to get up and get her wheelchair and she fell, then I guess she started having another seizure." He ran a hand through his air and noticed his father nodding, then speaking,"I wonder what dosage the doctor is giving her for her anti-epileptic seizures." He rubbed his chin, then sighed. "I'll talk with him tomorrow when I see him at work. He does have only two patients with the same tumor as Charlotte's. I'll talk to your mother about it when she gets home. I think her shift ends at 0200. I may be asleep, but I'll talk to her before my shift starts at 5am." Jason nodded, then felt his dad pat his shoulder gently. "I'll go check on her, maybe start up a movie for her while I cook dinner."