Chapter 6

Jason chuckled, noticing Charlotte was laughing as well as she had beat him yet again at the race. "I got you again! Now you owe me ice cream!" She giggled as his brother began tickling her under her arms and her sides. Charlotte dropped the remote and began laughing harder, nearly falling off the couch, "Jason!" She said as he finally stopped, letting her catch her breath.

"I figured you needed that!" He said with a bright smile on his face, setting his remote down on the small table. "How about I get us some pizza?" He asked with a huge grin on his face. "I can get your favorite. Pepperoni, cheese, sausage and pineapple."

Charlotte smirked when he mentioned pizza, "Yes!!!" She shrieked in excitement. "Pizza please!" She said as she jumped up with a sudden amount of energy. Charlotte was surprised at this amount of energy, not sure where she had got it from. Maybe it was adrenaline.

Jason chuckled and grabbed his phone from his pocket and dialed the number to the closest Pizza Hut, "Hey, I'd like to order one large pizza with pepperoni, cheese, sausage, and pineapple- also, light sauce and cheese." He said and told the person his name, nodding and smiling slightly as he finished ordering. He hung up as he finished and got up slowly. "Should be here around twenty minutes from now." He smirked slightly.

Charlotte cheered, "Yay!" She said with a smile and gently rubbed her eyes. "I'll go get the table set up." She said as she got up carefully and pushed herself with her wheelchair to the kitchen, going to the drawers to get plates and napkins. "Should I get the ranch or the marinara sauce?" She asked.

Jason replied with, "I'd say get both since we don't know which you'll like better." He said as he got his wallet out and counted the bills inside. He set his wallet down on the couch after grabbing a twenty. He went into the kitchen and grabbed two glasses from the top cabinets and got two glasses of apple juice set out for the both of them. "Mom is asleep so I'm not sure if she'll want to eat, but we will save some for her." He said mostly to himself. "Dads at work so... I'm not sure if he'll be hungry though. He might go straight to bed."

He rubbed the back of his neck slightly before turning to look at Charlotte. He sighed as he noticed her spaced out and twitching. It was another seizure, but definitely not like her grand mal seizures. The tumor is what causes them unfortunately. He carefully kneeled down to her and began comforting her, knowing that's all he could do until she came out of it.

Eventually Charlotte came out of it and looked around nervously, "What happened?" She asked as she looked at her brother, unsure of what's going on.

Jason sighed, "You had a seizure, but it's okay. I made sure nothing bad happened." He told her in a reassuring manner. He nodded slowly and put an arm on her shoulder.

Charlotte nodded and turned when she heard the doorbell ring. "I think the pizza is here..." she said with a soft sigh.

Jason nodded and got up, going to the door with the twenty. When he opened the door, he didn't see anything until he looked down. A golden retriever was sitting there with a bow on its collar. He stood there a moment before noticing a note.
It read:
"Jason and Charlotte,
Because I'm unable to see you two due to my work and having to move across the country, I decided to put the money I got from the lottery towards a service dog for Charlotte to help assist her through her chemo journey. I love you both so much and I can't wait to see you in six months.
-Aunt Regina"
Jason stood there in shock, "Holy..." He quickly reached down and rugged at the leash, quickly untying it and letting the retriever inside the house. "Charlotte come here..." he said as he stared at the dog in awe.

Charlotte tilted her head slightly before turning her wheelchair and pushing herself towards the door. Suddenly her eyes opened wide and she screamed, "Holy Crap!" She said as she moved a bit closer, then the dog went straight to her and began to lick her face as it jumped up and had its paws on her lap. "What should we name it?" She asked her brother.

Jason rubbed his chin and looked at it for a moment. "It's a girl actually so maybe Belle?" He suggested, biting his lip slightly.

Charlotte nodded and giggled. "I like it. So Belle it is. Just like the princess from sleeping beauty. Oh wait... no sleeping beauty... it's from beauty and the beast!" She said as an 'aha!' moment. She giggled at herself before beginning to pet her.

Jason read the letter again and pulled out his phone. "Maybe I should call Aunt Regina and thank her... what do you think?" He asked as he looked at Charlotte, then began scrolling through his contacts until he found the right one. He put the phone to his ear and waited until she picked up before thanking her for the dog and showing how much he appreciated this act of kindness. He told her that Charlotte already loved Belle. He even told her that they had named her Belle, but was surprised when that was her actual name. He finished the call and noticed Charlotte had Belle and was still petting her.

Charlotte smiled and continued petting Belle, running her fingers through her fur. "She's so cute." She murmured softly. She looked up at her brother and smiled, noticing he was thinking. "We can get her food and a food bowl tomorrow, maybe a leash. But I think maybe she sent something in the mail. I'm sure she wouldn't just send the dog without the leash and all that." She giggled slightly.

Jason's frown turned into a smile. "Then we shall wait for the mail to run tomorrow." He said with a smirk, then kneeled down beside Charlotte and began petting Belle. "She's definitely big enough to help out with balance. I know our family was talking about one during your first round of chemo, but I'm surprised after your fifth round that Aunt Regina even did that. It's just shocking to me." He said, obviously mind blown.

Charlotte nodded. "I know mom and dad were looking into getting me one when I was younger, but I didn't realize it would actually happen." She paused and looked into Belle's eyes. "I love her eyes. She's so beautiful." She murmured softly as she pet her head and began scratching behind her ear. She noticed Belle seemed to really like that so she continued until her arm began to get sore. "Can she be on the couch?" She asked Jason.

Jadon tilted his head. "I'm sure she can, but I'd ask mom to be sure. She should be awake soon. She leaves for her shift around nine-thirty." He told her as he gently pushed Charlotte towards the couch, noticing Belle jumping off of Charlotte's lap. "I'll get a movie ready." He told Charlotte.

Charlotte nodded and got herself onto the couch, Belle resting by her feet. She leaned down and began to pet Belle again with a smile on her face.

Jason got up and scrolled through the channels on the remote, in hopes of finding a Christmas movie. Thanksgiving was around the corner and they'd actually be having a family Christmas this year which Jason was excited about. He finally found a movie and got it set up for his sister, setting the remote down on the coffee table.

Charlotte smiled as belle jumped up onto her lap, a smile on her face. She watched most of the movie, glancing at Belle and petting her every so often until she dozed off