Chapter 17

Charlotte sat there, staring at the person in pure shock. She couldn't believe it. She instantly reached out for her older sister when she saw her. Her sister hugged her gently. "I'm so happy you're here." She told her, hugging her tightly. "Sabrina... I didn't think I would see you again. It's been years..." she said as her sister slowly pulled away from the hug.

Sabrina, her older sister, who she hadn't seen in a while, surprisingly. Charlotte was shocked, speechless. She didn't know what to say. She just sat there, staring at her. She watched as her sister slowly sat down on the chair by the bed. "I know I should've contacted you sooner... I couldn't get away from the situation I was in."

Charlotte nodded and smiled at her, glancing at her as she slowly sat up. She bit down on her lip as she set the iPad down. "I never thought I would see you again..." She told her as tears welled up into her eyes. She froze slightly and looked down at her lap as she wiped the tears off her cheeks.

Sabrina smiled at her, "I didn't think I would see you either... I really hope we don't get disconnected again..." she said to her younger sister.  She noticed her sister was crying and she moved closer to her, gently rubbing her back. "It's okay, I get it." She gently wiped her cheeks.

Charlotte nodded and sniffled as she wiped her eyes. "I'm sorry, I know I shouldn't be crying over this, but it's just been hard. I don't have- any hair anymore. And I guess, it's just weird now that you're back, but you have to sleep me like this..."

Sabrina put her finger over Charlotte's lips to shush her. "Sh.. don't say those things. I'm only here for a few days before I have to leave again, so let's just spend time together and catch up, like old times." She told her with her hand cupping her sisters cheek in concern.

Charlotte nodded and slowly leaned against her shoulder, closing her eyes and taking deep breaths. "I'll be okay..." she whispered, fixing her beanie. She took a few seconds before speaking again. "I'm just glad you're here. I know I've probably already said that, but I truly mean it."

They both spent an hour catching up on each other's lives, explaining the diagnosis process and how it started out. It was a lot of talking and by the time they were finished, she was exhausted and eventually knocked out. She was extremely worn out for the day, falling asleep and dreaming. Sabrina decided to head to the hotel she was staying at for the night, letting Charlotte get some much needed rest.

Charlotte woke up throughout the night, being woken up by the nurses and doctors who consistently checked on her. They made sure she didn't get hurt from the seizures, making her comfortable, and as safe as possible. They adjusted her medications and checked her vitals through the night.

Sara, Charlotte's mother, arrived around nine in the morning, smiling as Charlotte saw her mother. She was just waking up, but it felt nice to wake up to a familiar face. "Hey mom... how did you sleep?" She asked.

Sara smiled at her daughter, "I slept great, thankful you're alright."

Charlotte smiled, "Did you know that Sabrina is in town?" She tilted her head as she slowly sat up.

"Oh, I didn't know that. I wonder why..." she scratched her chin slightly, biting her lip. "I hope everything's alright with her and her husband... maybe they just had an argument." She throughout out loud.

Charlotte shrugged and glanced at the monitors. "I hope it's nothing bad." She murmured, slowly stretching as she sat up. "Do you know if the doctor has come in yet?" Her mother shook her head.

Charlotte nodded and slowly sat up again, glancing around the room. Her mother got up and stepped out of the room for a few minutes, then came back inside. She sighed softly as she glanced at Charlotte.

Charlotte looked at her in confusion. Her mother spoke. "Bad news, you'll be here a bit longer than a week. Good news, the tumor hasn't grown based off the labs and the previous MRI. They don't want the same thing happening as last time because that wouldn't be good." Her mother said.

Charlotte nodded and reached out and hugged her mom. She was so thankful they've been able to hang out for the amount of days they have. She usually had two days off a week and her mom was usually asleep when she left for her chemo infusions and radiation therapy.

She closed her eyes and relaxed in her mother's embrace as her mom sat down beside her on the bed. "It's alright. I'm sure I'll be okay mom." She murmured into her chest. "Oh- Wait, could I braid your hair?" She asked with a bit of excitement.

Her mother nodded and slowly moved so her daughter could braid her long hair. Well, to Charlotte is at least since she didn't have any hair at that moment. She sighed softly as she ran her fingers through her mother's hair. She slowly brushed it with her fingers and began braiding it while she hummed quietly to herself. A tune was playing in her head as she braided her mother's hair. She hummed softly as she finished it and put a tie on the end. "All done." She smiled, her mother turning to face her.

"It's beautiful Charlotte. I'm so happy you're still able to braid." Her mother told her as she slowly sat down on the chair by the bed. Charlotte smiled at her and nodded, glancing at the door. "I hope the doctors get this thing figured out soon so I can go home." She said with a grown, not really liking being here. She really wanted to go home. She was exhausted and it was so hard to sleep because the electrodes and the whole thing was so itchy for her. She wanted it off as soon as possible. It was too painful, too itchy for her. She groaned slightly as she laid back down. Some time had passed before her mother's phone went off and she had to leave the room.

Charlotte sat up as her mother got up and Charlotte decided to work on her homework on the iPad. She had some history homework as well as English so she spent some time on each of them, finishing her homework within an hour. During that hour, however, she could hear chaos from outside of her hospital room. She slowly leaned over the bed to look out the door, seeing someone rushing down the hall and then some doctors and nurses running down the hall. Charlotte was confused, but didn't say anything.