Chapter 38

Watching him leave, Cher smiled and then stretched. She didn't wanna burden him with her problems. Standing up, she walked over to her window. She opened it and then swung her legs over the edge. Taking in a deep breath, she smiled
and enjoyed the cool breeze.

He stumbled slightly but looked out the window to see snow beginning to fall. His eyes opened wide in excitement and he set his bowl down on the bookshelf, slowly stepping out towards the front door. "Cher! It's snowing!"

Upon hearing him, she felt the drop of a snowflake on her nose. It startled her a little and she fell back onto the floor. She rubbed her head and groaned slightly in pain.
"O-owie...."

He heard the thud and turned. "Are you okay over there?" He tilted his head as he began walking towards the spare room. He stood by the door and chuckled lightly when he saw her on the floor. "Need an ice pack or an aspirin?" He asked.

"N-no...I think I'll be fine..."
She got up and walked back over to the window. Once again, she swung her legs over and sat on the window seal. Her legs dangled slightly and she swung them a little, smiling and enjoying the snowfall. Winter was her favorite time. Christmas, family, hot chocolate, love...
Two of those things wouldn't be in her Christmas this year...

He gave her a soft smile and nodded, glancing out the window before slowly moving up behind her. He looked at the girl's hair and smirked slightly before looking away. He closed his eyes and mentally prepared himself. "So... uhh... Cheryl... what would you want for Christmas?" He asked.

Looking back at the man, she swung her legs back over and stepped onto the carpeted floor. She smiled and shrugged. "I'm not sure exactly....Someone to love I suppose....And be there to spend time with and drink hot chocolate...E-Even if it were for one night....I would give anything to have that..."

He gently looked down at Cher's hands and smiled, nodding slightly. He listened to her voice as she spoke and slowly reached to hold her hand. "I'm sure... there's something I can do to help with that." He murmured softly into her ear.

Looking up at him, Cher's cheeks warmed up and turned slightly red. She looked away for a moment.
"I-I dunno...I mean...you should spend your Christmas with Alexis and Jess...I wouldn't wanna t-take that special time away from you guys...."

Jason glared at her for a moment. He rubbed his chin slightly before looking into Cheryl's eyes. "Are you sure?" He asked softly. He examined the blush on her face. "I'm pretty sure you're part of the family Cher. Trust me, I'm sure Jess would be alright with it."

Cheryl looked back up at him. "A-Are you sure?...I don't wanna just intrude on your guys' Christmas...That wouldn't-"

Jason nodded and gently squeezed her hand. "Of course I'm sure. I wouldn't say that if I wasn't sure. Especially since you're doing so well with Alexis already and you seem to love it here. I'd hate to take that away." He said as he moved a piece of Cher's hair from her eyes.

Her cheeks turn more red and she looks away again. A small smile forms on her rosy lips again. "Alright....if you insist that I stay here for Christmas....I suppose I'll stay..."

He gave her a soft smile and gently kissed her forehead. "Alright." He murmured, slowly pulling away. "Thank you. Now, should we make some hot chocolate and put on a Christmas movie?"

At this point, her face was like a tomato from being so red. And all she could do was look down at her lap and nod to answer his question.

Jason smiled slightly as he nodded and got up, turning as he noticed the blush to her face. "Alright. Now, let's go." He mumbled, a bit nervous as he seemed to say the same words over and over again.

Standing, she followed him out. Jessica was already on the couch with Alexis. She looked back at them and smiled. "Hey guys...Did you see the snow?..."

Jason watched as Jess smiled. "I suppose they did." He said as he saw his wife nod. "I think we should..." he paused slightly, standing there as his face went pale. He jolted slightly before "ive disappearing from the room.

Cheryl and Jess looked at him with with confusion and concern. They then looked at eachother. Cheryl shrugged and Jess went over to where Jason had went after handing Alexis softly to Cheryl.

Jason had disappeared into their bedroom, sitting on the bed but leaning over the trash can that laid beside the bed by his side table. His body shook as he heaved. An arm wrapped around his queasy stomach.

Jessica went over and gently rubbed his back. Cheryl sat on the couch and began to hum to Alexis, who was giggling softly. Her giggles made Cheryl smile.

He groaned slightly. "Damn... I don't want to get Alexis sick so this better just be food poisoning or something." He mumbled as he looked down. He wiped his mouth slightly.

"It probably is...I mean, you did eat some leftovers so..." Jess sighed softly and then heard Cheryl singing.

He sighed softly as he nodded. "It's not like I went out to a bar and drank until I was dead..," he mumbled as he leaned forward as his stomach heaved.

Giggling, she smiled. "I figured....Hey hun...How long have you known Cheryl exactly?..." She tilted her head.

He smiled slightly. "Since C-Charlotte was a little girl, like toddler size. She helped take care of Charlotte when my mom and dad were gone and when I had school."

"I see...so, she's like a close family friend?...That would explain why you two seem so close..." Her smile didn't seem so happy. More sad than anything. Or even jealous.

He nodded slowly. "Yeah, I'm sure you've had some of those before right? I mean, Charlotte was really good back then. She wasn't sick and didn't rely on a tube to eat or get nutrients. She had a regular bedroom..." he sighed.

"We did, I think..." She smiled and nodded. Cheryl walked into the room. "Um...Alexis fell asleep...Are you okay?.."

He nodded, biting his lip slightly. He glanced at Jessica. "How about you get some rest? I'm sure you're exhausted and I think we all should get some sleep. I'll sleep on the couch so I don't get you two sick. Then.. Cher can take the guest room, like earlier." He yawned before slowly sitting up.

Cheryl and Jessica nodded. Jessica stood and helped him up. Cheryl walked out of the room, Jessica not too far behind. She looked back at her husband. "You sure you wanna sleep on the couch?..."

He nodded, gently kissing Jess's forehead. "Yeah, I'm sure. I don't want to wake you, especially since Alexis will probably wake you up a lot..." he looked down slightly before turning towards the living room.