Chapter 7

Charlotte's mother woke up at nine-thirty exactly, dressed in her scrubs for the night. Jason was awake and noticed the noise coming from the kitchen. He got up slowly, careful not to wake Charlotte or Belle. He looked over at his mom and smiled. He was quiet as he walked into the kitchen. "Hey mom, did you know anything about Aunt Regina sending us a dog for Charlotte?" He asked softly.

His mother nodded. "Yeah, I didn't want to say anything because it's Charlotte's birthday present. We couldn't say anything because it's tomorrow and tomorrow's Saturday. They can't really send a dog easily, so I talked to her about it and we figured it all out. We're hoping when she wakes up in the morning that I'll be off of work and your father has his day off as soon as he gets home." His mother, Sarah explained.

Jason smiled. "I'm glad you and aunt Regina figures it out because I totally didn't expect it. Charlotte was totally surprised, like she was ecstatic. I didn't even realize, like she instantly fell in love. I also had to make sure it's okay that belle can be on the couch." His mother nodded, getting finished for work.

Once Jason and Sarah we're finished with their discussion, he watched as his father came home around the same time his mother left for work. He smiled when he noticed his father, Justin was walking in. "Hey Dad, How was work?" He asked him.

Justin smiled and rubbed the back of his neck. "it's wasn't too bad. Thankfully no kids died today. I stopped by the store and got everything for tomorrow."

Jason nodded and smiled at his father. "Sounds cool to me." He said with a shrug and glanced at the bags by the door. "I'm guessing that's for tomorrow."

His father nodded and reached down and picked them up. "Yep. I'm going to take them up to my room so Charlotte can't get to them even though I know she won't." He chuckled.

Jason nodded and watched as his father went upstairs to his room, then he turned and checked on Charlotte. He saw her fast asleep curled up with Belle and he smiled, slowly sitting down on the other couch, careful not to wake them. He turned the television down a bit and put the subtitles on as he watched Criminal Minds. He enjoyed watching this show, especially when Charlotte was asleep.

Jason woke up after a short nap, then carried Charlotte up to her room with Belle following close behind. He smiled and gently set her down on the bed, careful not to bump her into anything. He proceeded to get her feeds started, then retreated off to his room, keeping the door open just in case.

When Charlotte woke up the next morning, she was excited because it was her birthday. She slowly opened her eyes and looked down at Belle who was awake and watching over her. "Morning Belle." She said as she yawned, then notified her brother that she was awake.

Jason came into the room with a white t-shirt and his shorts on, slowly sitting down on the bed beside her. "How'd you sleep?..." He paused, "I carried you up here when Dad got home so you'd be more comfortable. Also Mom should be home soon so we can get everything ready." It was November thirteenth, Charlotte's eleventh birthday.

Charlotte stretched slightly as she watched her brother unhook her from the tubes and wires, "I slept okay, I'm pretty sure Belle kept me from having any nightmares because I don't remember waking up in the middle of the night if i did. Plus I'm sure you would've heard it."

Jason nodded and put the supplies back on the pole and gently helped her up. "Yeah, I didn't wake up. That's good then. So... anything in particular you want to wear today?" He asked.

Charlotte shrugged. "Maybe one of those flower dresses, I mean I'm not going to be picky about it." She replied as she sat at the edge of the bed and got herself up slowly, Belle jumping down from the bed and standing beside her for balance.