Chapter 39

You can read it here or switch to the sequel!//

Jason laid on the couch, staring at the television as the commercials played over and over again in between the episodes of Star Trek. He had seen it so many times that he just couldn't focus on it. It was nearly three in the morning and he hadn't slept yet due to his constant thought about his sister. He was still grieving and didn't realize how much he had missed Charlotte. He loved being by her side, but he reminded himself that she was no longer suffering.

He felt tears fall down his cheeks as he got up from the couch and went into the kitchen, pouring a cup of coffee and drinking it black. He closed his eyes as he took a deep breath and took another drink. He held the warm mug in his hand as he looked out the small kitchen window above the sink. He looked out at the pitch black sky, a soft smile on his face as he noticed the moon.

He slid on his slippers and unlocked the back door, stepping out with his dark blue and white robe, the cup of coffee in his hands still. He sat down on the rocking chair and noticed the snow on the ground. He was sitting on the porch on the chair, the stairs covered in bits of snowflakes. He reached his arm out of the side, feeling a few snowflakes fall. He didn't even notice the creak of the wooden porch, not even noticing Cher nearby.

Cheryl was outside already. She had a small blanket wrapped around her and her slippers on. Although she told herself she was fine, her body shuddered with shivers from the cold. She hadn't yet noticed Jason as she had headphones on and was listening to Christmas music.

Jason hummed softly to the music as he watched the snow fall from the sky, each snowflake was individual in its own way. Each snowflake was unique. He always believed in this theory as it had to make some sense at least. He scrolled through some notifications on his phone as he sang along to 'holly jolly christmas' in his earbuds.

Hearing him, she looked over at him and pulled an earbud out. She smiled softly and patted on the spot next to her for him to sit there. She put her hand back in her lap and looked back up at the sky.

Jason gave a soft smile as he turned and looked at Cher. "Hey." He said softly as he got up and sat beside her. He gave his flirtatious smile, doing it accidentally.

Her cheeks flushed red slightly and she smiled back before looking away and back at the snow. Bringing the blanket closer to herself, she shivered more and her teeth chattered a little bit.

Jason hadn't realized as his arms began to wrap around the smaller girl. He gently ran his fingers on the girls shoulder as he closed his eyes, feeling the snowflakes fall on his forehead. He smiled as he opened his eyes and looked around at the snow that covered the ground.

Her cheeks were bright red at this point and she looked up at him, eyes wide and filled with slight confusion. Her heart began to beat at a very fast pace and her body quivered a little. "J-Jason?.."

Jason glanced around a bit before turning to look at Cheryl. He hummed softly as he looked at her, "Yes?" His eyebrows raised

"Y...you're um...h-holding me...and are very c-close to me...." Her eyes averted from his gaze and she blushed deeper.

He blushed slightly before moving his arm. He moved away slowly and gulped. "I didn't mean to... m-make you uncomfortable." He murmured.

"I-I didn't mind it...h-honestly...it was nice and...warm..." She looked back overall at him and smiled softly. A few strands of her hair fell over her eye.

He noticed the strands of hair and gently, carefully swished it back behind her ear. "That's better..." He murmured.

Her cheeks turned a brighter red and she looked at him, their eyes locking. She felt herself relax more.

He couldn't help but let his arm wrap around the girls small frame once again. He gave a soft smile before glancing at the snow that was falling. "How about... we make snow angels and maybe a snowman? Then warm up to some hot chocolate and movies?" He smirked.

She smiled softly and nodded. "Sounds like perfection to me..." She looked back at the snow as well. This honestly made her feel warm and happy. Just them sitting together, alone.

Jason grinned and slowly straightened his back. "Alright." He said as he gently pulled away from her then helped her up onto her feet. He smirked slightly as he looked at her, then noticed something in the corner of his eyes. He prayed it wouldn't ruin their night