Chapter 28

Charlotte was half asleep when her phone began to ring. She groaned and tried to reach for it blind by reaching out for it with her left arm as she was laid on her stomach. She sighed as she accidentally fell off the bed, the phone falling with her. She heard footsteps and assumed it was her brother, but it really wasn't. She picked up the phone and got a missed call from Jason. She groaned, reaching out for the button on her necklace. She pressed the button and then her eyes closed, her vision going black.

Charlotte sat up quickly as she woke up from a nightmare that she seemed to be continuing to have. It seemed to be on her mind a lot as it was a different symptom than she usually experienced. She glanced around the room as she sighed. She realised she was at home and knew she must've had a seizure day earlier because she remembered being at the amusement park. She sighed and thought about it for a bit before deciding to increase her stamina so she could handle a couple hours at the park to play games with her mother. It would be a fun day, but when shall that be.

Jason's POV

Jason woke up to the sounds of vomiting. He sat up and rubbed his eyes as he went to the bathroom and saw Jessica kneeled over the toilet. He quickly went beside her and began to comfort her. He was used to this at this point so it didn't bother him which was a good thing. Most men wouldn't want to deal with this.

He sat with her and rubbed her back as he listened to the sounds of gagging and retching from his wife. He began to rub small circles with his thumbs on her stomach. "How's that feel babe?" He murmured.

Jessica nodded and took a deep breath as she wiped her mouth with some tissue. "Doctor said this means the baby is healthy." She said as she always looked at the bright side of things.

Jason chuckled lightly. "Ah I see, you are correct. How about I make some tea and warm ginger ale to calm your stomach." He mumbled softly into her ear. He felt a nod and gently rubbed her shoulder.

Jason slowly got up after handing her a glass of water. He smiled as he went into the kitchen and grabbed a bag of tea and some ginger ale, pouring it into a cup and putting it into the microwave. He waited for the ding and as he went to set it down on the counter, Jessica wrapped her arms around his neck lightly.

Jessica smiled. "Thank you babe." She murmured softly as her breath now smelled of mint and spearmint together. She gently kissed his cheek. "I love you." She said as she gently pulled away.

Jason smiled and handed her the mug of tea and ale. "I love you too. And I love our unborn child even more." He chuckled lightly.

Jessica gently held the mug as she took short and small sips of the mixture. At first it was a bit carbonated, but she added a little bit of honey to it before sitting down on the counter with a loose long sleeved shirt and short shorts. She sipped on her drink as she stared off.

Jason smirked at his wife and watched as he noticed her staring off so he took that chance to take a picture of her, her small frame and green eyes popping out.