Chapter 27

Mostly flashback chapter
—;—;—;—;—;—;—;—;—;—;—;—;—;—;—;—

Charlotte was working on a school assignment that seemed to be taking forever and she kept dozing off during the videos she had to watch. As she fell asleep, she felt hands move the laptop off of her lap. She looked up at her mother who smiled at her. "I want to continue treatment, mom. Please. Don't let dad change it. It's what I want." She said, her mother nodding and setting the laptop on the table.

Sara smiled at her. "Whatever you want to do, baby." She said as she gently hugged her. "But I do have one request..." she said, pausing as she sat down beside her. "I know school is difficult, so I'll let you get an excuse for that. But I need you to continue with school, plus if you get caught up soon enough, we can put you in public school next year. I'm sure you'd enjoy that, right?" She smiled at her.

Charlotte nodded and smiled at her mother, hugging her and slowly leaning against her shoulder. "Yes. I'll do it. I promise."

Sara smiled. "Now go get ready, we're going to the amusement park today for your brothers birthday." She smiled as she helped her daughter into her wheelchair and watched as she went up.

Charlotte wheeled herself to her room and picked out a pair of leggings and a pink and white striped shirt. Yes, she does like stripes. She spent a lot of time getting her wig hair into two French braids, in which she eventually called for her mother who helped her braid them as it kept trying to come off.

Once everyone was ready to go, they got into the van and headed towards the amusement park ten miles from home. As they drove there, Charlotte messed with the ends of the wigs hair.

When they arrived at the park, her mother helped her into the wheelchair and placed a small blanket over her daughters lap. "I'm sure there's lots of games that you can play without getting on rides. Like maybe the cup games or even the ones where you can win stuffed animals."

Charlotte giggled. "I'm not five anymore mom, I don't have stuffed animals." She lied, then looked down. "But if it's small we can use it for Belle and if it's a bit bigger, than I can put it on my bed to make it look pretty."

Her mother, Sara laughed softly. "I'm sure you'll figure it out." She pat her head and gently began pushing her after closing and locking the car. "What shall we do first?" She asked as she looked around at the many types of games.

Charlotte giggled slightly as she smiled and looked around. "I'm not sure. I'm hoping we could try all of them?" She shrugged her shoulders. She nodded and looked down at her lap. She sighed. "Mom... I don't know if I want to be here. Everyone's staring.." She murmured. She hid her face as she tried to look away.

Her mother frowned. "They're probably ju- Maybe they're curious. I would hate to say something." She murmured the last part.

Charlotte nodded and spaced out a bit. She felt super out of it though and her head was throbbing. She felt movement then it was black.

Sara sighed and rushed out of the amusement park and went into a handicapped bathroom as Charlotte began to have another grand mal seizure after being a few weeks seizure free.
A flashback hit in her mind.

"W-what is that, is it bad, if it's bad can you cure it?" Was all that Sara could say. She was speechless and had no idea what to do. She stood there as a dog escaped her throat. She closed her eyes as sobs shook her body, her husband holding her as she cried. She could see Charlotte's expression of horror on her face and the shock that suddenly hit the whole family. She could see her sons eyes filling up with tears and her husband's hands beginning to tremble.

Sara kneeled beside her daughters bed side, hugging and holding her tight as she cried, holding and singing to her child dearest. She couldn't even begin to explain how much it hurt to see her daughter so sick. She would have to homeschool her and take care of her. "I'd have to drop hours from work." She thought to herself. She barely could figure out what she needed to do.

She just held her tightly as she thought about all of the testing and countless hours waiting for answers from the doctors. They were waiting for the MRI results from the radiologist. They were running late due to an emergency that got in the way. At first it was the wrong MRI film so they had to go back and get the right one.

~flash to another flashback~

"I'm sorry to break bad news especially with how dad is doing. But Charlotte has Medulloblastoma and it's likely fatal unless she undergoes intensive chemotherapy and radiation..." she wanted to continued with 'that will cause her to get frail and small' but she would hate to scare her family so much. It would hurt her too much to do something like that.
~~~
She just held her daughter close as she rubbed her back, holding her hair back as she watched her daughter vomit up everything she had eaten that day. This is what the past few days have consisted of because Charlotte just had her second round of chemo and she was beginning to lose her hair. She was barely keeping anything down that they had to place a NJ tube and use her G Tube for feeds. They would go up to a GJ tube if needed.
~~~
An image of a wheelchair stood right in front of Sara's eyes. The custom wheelchair Charlotte had received due to her countless falls and general weakness from the chemo. They had received good news- the cancer was shrinking and it seemed to be working.
~~~
In front of Sara stood her eight y ear old daughter who was wearing a cute outfit and a backpack for school. She had short brown hair and it was curly. She had a beautiful white smile and a tube dangling from under her shirt connected to her backpack.
~~~
Next was Charlotte on the hospital bed after collapsing at a party at her friends birthday party. Everyone was scared because Charlotte was doing so well. She was eight months cancer free and she's had a wonderful six months without hospital stays and constant pain and vomiting. They broke the news of her cancer coming back when she was awake from all the seizures. She struggling believing it for a while so at first she was iffy about it but eventually she continued chemo and radiation to attempt to get rid of the cancer. It wouldn't budge for a while so they went to every theme park near them to make her comfortable.
~~~
When they felt the cancer was under control, Charlotte went back to her normal ways but she was homeschooled because it was much easier for her physically as she was tired a lot of the time.