Chapter 36

\\\Thank you so so so so much MiatheSnakeHybrid for being apart of this amazing creation! ///

Jason:
After the funeral was over, everyone was silent. He just stood there as he looked at the gravestone , a soft sigh escaped his lips as he walked away from it and headed towards his car. Jess had went to his parents house for the after-party and he wanted to stop somewhere before. He was going to stop at the bookstore. He headed to his car and got in, turning it on and beginning to pull out of the parking lot. His phone was buzzing in his pocket, not knowing who it was. He received a text message,
"Hey, its Cherry. I can't make it to the after-party. But I'll be at your house for sure. I just have to deal with a few...issues here at home. Please...do not panic when I enter your home if I have a few bandages. Well, see you then."

He was stopped at a light when he read the message, a soft sigh left his mouth as he tossed his phone to the other side of the car, not upset at Cheryl. He needed some time to think. He couldn't stop thinking of the last few minutes Charlotte was alive. He didn't even go to the after-party. He went straight home after getting the book his sister wanted him to read.

Jason stepped inside of his apartment, setting his bags down and flopping on the couch. He left his phone on the counter in the kitchen and eventually dozed off on the couch.

~~~

Jessica:
Jess walked into their apartment carrying their sleeping daughter in the carrier. She set her softly on couch and looked at her husband. Gently kissing his cheek, she shook his shoulder to try and wake him up. "Jason..."

Jason:
A soft groan left his lips as he opened his eyes and tried to stretch. "Mm, what... I was sleeping." He mumbled sleepily as he looked up at Jess.

Jessica:
"I know that...but why are you asleep? Why weren't you at the after-party?..." She crossed her arms and looked down at him, concerned as to why he never showed up to something that had seemed to important to him.

Jason:
He sighed as he slowly sat up, beginning to tear up. "I couldn't... I couldn't do it. I just- I don't know why. She had me go to the library, or the bookstore and I got this book." He held it in his hand as he set it down on the coffee table and held his head as tears began forming in his eyes. "I-I'm sorry. I couldn't...."

Jessica:
Sympathetically, she sighed and sat down next to him. She hugged her husband and rubbed his back. She hated seeing him cry but could understand why he was. Kissing his cheek, she heard the doorbell ring. She stood up. "I'll be right back..."
She walked over to the door and opened it, smiling at the person on the other side.
"Ah, Cheryl...welcome to our...Oh my goodness....Y-Your arms are..."

Cheryl:
Cheryl looked up st the concerned wife and shook her head. "Don't worry...its nothing severe..."
Her arms were covered in bandages that had slight red blotches along the sides that appeared to be blood. This was honestly normal and she couldn't feel the pain of the cuts anymore.

Jason:
He stood up as he went to the door and looked at Cheryl. "At least... let me help you, Jess has to get Alexis ready for bed. So it'll be just me." He said as he looked down slightly, holding his hand out for her. "Please... just let me help." He wished there was more he could do to help her. He felt useless just sitting there.

Cheryl:
A soft sigh escaped her lips and she gently placed her hand in his. Jess had walked out of her vision when she went into another room. Cheryl looked up at Jason. "Not much you can really do...I've done what I can to patch them up...so unless you have some sort of miracle. I don't know how you can really help..."
She hadn't meant for it to come off as harsh but it was the truth.