Chapter 9

Charlotte was stable, thankfully. Jason was worried as he saw his sister in the bed hooked up to all the wires and tubes. He saw the oxygen mask, biting his lip in nervousness as he waited for her to wake up. He paced back and forth, running a hand through his brown hair. He was beginning to get impatient.

As Charlotte started seizing, he panicked as he tried to do his best to stay calm. He was waiting for the bed to come out of the MRI machine. As soon as he was cleared to go, he ran in along with the technician and held Charlotte's to prevent further injury. She was completely unconscious at this point. They got the images they needed, but it was only half so they decided to stick with what they did get and focus on getting Charlotte stable.

A few nurses ran into the room to help out the situation. Jason was pushed back and out of the room, watching in horror as his sister kept seizing. He held his head and kept running a hand through his hair, obviously nervous and on edge. He watched as they rushed her out of the room, down the hall on a gurney. He put his hands on his head and tried to breathe. He stood there for a while before deciding to take a walk through the halls. He pulled out his phone and messaged his parents, explaining the situation. He rubbed his eyes from the tears that kept spilling from his eyes. Although eventually, he walked up to the room she was on and sighed as he saw her.

He remembered the event so vividly that it hurt his head to think about. He slowly moved to the side of the bed and sat down in the chair. He leaned forward and held his head in his hands. He heard a gasp, then a few sounds to his right. He slowly lifted his head and looked at his sister. He watched as she just laid there, still fast asleep.

When Charlotte did wake up, however, she woke up in a panicked state, turning to look at Jason. She was confused and had no idea what happened to her or why she was admitted. She stared off slightly before looked at Jason again. He was asleep, wondering how he could sleep in a hospital chair. She glanced around the room with her eyes, then felt her eyes closing again. Jason then spoke up and she opened her eyes again.

"How are you feeling?" He asked with a soft voice, slowly standing up and moving closer to her. "I was thinking we could just take some time and have mom hang out with you this week, since today is Sunday. Maybe tomorrow you both can go out somewhere." He said and hoped she wouldn't notice the tone of his voice. He was going out with a friend for a week out in Wyoming and he couldn't tell his sister that. He just couldn't mention it yet. It was difficult for him to explain what he said next. "Mom has the week off, but I won't be at home." He said simply.

Charlotte stared at him, unsure of what to say next. She just looked at him, trying to find the words to say. "I-I suppose... but aren't you going to be with us? I mean you say you won't be home...but what will you do..." She paused in between words as she looked at him.

Jason sighed and nodded. "I know... I know what you're thinking... but I'll be fine. I just need to go out with a friend to an event." He said as he turned and looked away from her. He felt bad that he had to do this, but he figured it would be good bonding time with her and their mother.

Charlotte nodded and slowly turned onto her right side, closing her eyes as she listened to the sounds of the monitors. She had nothing to say at this point. She was looking forward to spending time with her mother, but it just seemed so different to her than usual. She's always spent time with her brother due to her parents working all the time. She took a moment to clear her thoughts.

A soft sigh escaped her lips as her vision went black.

———————————————
Sorry for the short chapter; next chapter will be much better.