Chapter 32

Jason stood there, staring at his sisters bedside. He was still thinking. He stood there, a flashback starting.

He stood there as his sister sat in the waiting room chair, as the doctor walked into the room. He held a chart and handed it out to Jason. "I'll need you to fill this out. The nurse should be bringing you back soon." He said. He turned back to look at his sister who was now suddenly seizing on the floor. His eyes opened wide in shock as he called for help. His breathing became erractic as he quickly went to her side. He kneeled down to her level and held her head as she convulsed on the floor. A few nurses crowded them and picked Charlotte up. He got up as well and followed them into the urgent care clinic exit, then rushed them towards the ER around the corner. Jason followed quickly behind his sister with the backpack and a frown. He stood in the waiting room for hours; waiting for them to come back with answers as to why she was having seizures. They called him back and told him it was just 'seizures'... that there was no known or cause to it. Jason sighed as he rubbed his head. They diagnosed her with seizures, not even identifying or checking her with scans or anything. He stood there frustrated as he watched over his sister until they were free to leave.

He sobbed silently as he sat there, wiping a few tears from his eyes. He heard a voice and looked up, seeing his parents standing there. He didn't have the energy to speak, so he just listened to the same lecture as before, holding tightly onto his sisters hand. He knew he would be here for a while.
~~~
Jason spent the next few hours visiting his wife and helping her out at the apartment. He sighed as he set the bucket of paint down and held a paintbrush. "I was thinking we could make it like a turquoise because that's in between pink and blue. I just figured it would be a good idea." Jessica nodded and licked her cheeto covered fingers.

Jason chuckled slightly before handing her a washcloth. She took it gratefully and wiped her hands off. She set a small bowl on the dresser and set the cloth down. "I'm guessing... you are thinking about your sister again." She murmured.
Jason nodded and held his head slightly as he then looked at the plate of food set on the table.

Jason looked around as everyone sat at the table and began eating the thanksgiving meal that their parents had made. They had mashed potatoes, yams with marshmallows, green beans with French onions, turkey, gravy, and creamed corn. There was also ham with some cut up pineapple rings. Jason had a plate with a little bit of everything.

Charlotte was around her first few sign symptoms at this time and she was struggling a lot to eat. She had yams, mashed potatoes, a roll, and a few pieces of turkey. She also had a nasogastric tube as she wasn't swallowing very well. She took a few bites every few to ten minutes and watched as everyone else ate. She was more focused on the snow that was falling down. She eventually got up from her seat and went to the window, sitting down on the floor. She watched as the snow fled down from the sky, forming and beginning to stick onto the grass. Jason went down beside her and smiled. "You want to go out in the snow?" He asked, then Charlotte nodded. He picked her up and carried her outside once he got a jacket on her. He helped her put a pair of gloves and a hat on to make her more comfortable. She giggled slightly as they began to play with snowballs and toss them at each other. It was one of the best days they've had in a long time. They were able to do so much that Charlotte hadn't done before. This was the first time it had snowed where they had lived. He smiled as he watched her play in the snow and make snow angels. When the night ended, they had got chocolate with marshmallows and caramel syrup on top. Jason and Charlotte cuddled on the couch, watching Christmas movies as they doze off from the large meal.

Jason sighed as he began to eat some of the leftovers from their chicken dinner last night. He took a few bites and set the fork down. "I'm thinking where we could put the crib and the dresser and changing table." He sighed as he closed his eyes. He was truly exhausted.

Jessica noticed so she went to him and rubbed his shoulder gently. "It's okay. You need to get some sleep. You look awfully exhausted."

He nodded, almost wanting to hesitate to argue but he didn't since he knew she would get upset. He nodded and set the paintbrush down and went to their room, Jessica followed behind. He was careful as he wrapped his arm around her waist gently as he laid down. Jessica decided on a movie and set the television up before cuddling up beside him.